Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Try Yoga to take the stress out of your day
Are you feeling tired and stressed at the moment? It might be an idea to enrol in Yoga classes just to have a bit of peace and quiet away from the hubbub of work and home life.
Terri Bodell, deputy chair of the National Association of Counsellors, Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists and the self-styled stress doctor, believes we should not underestimate the power of having some ’me’ time.
"Even 15 to 20 minutes each day, just sitting quietly either reading a book or listening to music -away from your desk - [can help]," she pointed out.
"The same goes for lunch breaks. Find a cafe or a park bench where you can sit and read, listen to your iPod or MP3, or simply watch the world go by. The important point is to get some fresh air and have ’QQT’ - quality quiet time - to reset your body and your mind."
You could also beat stress and ease away those aches and pains by grabbing your Yoga equipment and heading to a local class, as the exercise will not only make you feel better, it could improve core strength and suppleness.
A report on marathon training in the Guardian recently advised runners not to give up all their non-running activities, because investing in quality Yoga mats can help challenge the body in a different way to simply pounding the pavements day after day.
Meanwhile, figures from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development/Simplyhealth Absence Management survey show that stress is a big part of our lives, with more employees going on long-term sick leave with stress than with any other illness or condition.
The problem is worse among workers who are unsure of the security of their jobs, so employers who are planning to make redundancies within the next six months were more likely to report an increase in mental health issues among their staff.
With this in mind, it might be a good idea this autumn to buy quality Yoga mats and take a few minutes out of the day to empty your mind of niggles and relax.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)