Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Try Yoga to take the stress out of your day
Are you feeling tired and stressed at the moment? It might be an idea to enrol in Yoga classes just to have a bit of peace and quiet away from the hubbub of work and home life.
Terri Bodell, deputy chair of the National Association of Counsellors, Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists and the self-styled stress doctor, believes we should not underestimate the power of having some ’me’ time.
"Even 15 to 20 minutes each day, just sitting quietly either reading a book or listening to music -away from your desk - [can help]," she pointed out.
"The same goes for lunch breaks. Find a cafe or a park bench where you can sit and read, listen to your iPod or MP3, or simply watch the world go by. The important point is to get some fresh air and have ’QQT’ - quality quiet time - to reset your body and your mind."
You could also beat stress and ease away those aches and pains by grabbing your Yoga equipment and heading to a local class, as the exercise will not only make you feel better, it could improve core strength and suppleness.
A report on marathon training in the Guardian recently advised runners not to give up all their non-running activities, because investing in quality Yoga mats can help challenge the body in a different way to simply pounding the pavements day after day.
Meanwhile, figures from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development/Simplyhealth Absence Management survey show that stress is a big part of our lives, with more employees going on long-term sick leave with stress than with any other illness or condition.
The problem is worse among workers who are unsure of the security of their jobs, so employers who are planning to make redundancies within the next six months were more likely to report an increase in mental health issues among their staff.
With this in mind, it might be a good idea this autumn to buy quality Yoga mats and take a few minutes out of the day to empty your mind of niggles and relax.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy