Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Try a spring detox
If your New Year’s resolutions had been firmly set aside before the last remnants of December 31st were properly cleaned up, now might be a good time to come back to the idea of detoxing.
Think about it: January is not the best time to start a new diet or commit to pouring the Pinot Grigio down the sink anyway. We still feel full of pastry and cake from Christmas and the dark evenings and overcast days just scream out for comfort food and booze.
So now that spring is starting to appear, try overhauling your diet so you can feel fresh and ready to enjoy the sunshine when it finally comes out.
According to herbalist and nutritional therapist Andrew Johnson, certain herbal teas have a detoxifying effect to cleanse the body and rid it of toxins.
Some have a diuretic effect to clean the kidneys, some are laxatives and can help the bowel, liver and digestive system, while others will produce a diaphoretic effect to cause sweating and aid the detox, he explained.
"But detox should really be considered on a cellular level, ultimately. When people think of detox they often think of what are called channels of elimination - the bowel, the kidneys, skin, lungs," the nutritional expert noted. "That’s true - they are important channels for detox."
If you feel sluggish and lethargic, it may be that your food consumption needs to be reviewed. Many people have an undiagnosed food intolerance or sensitivity that causes bloating and other side effects, so jot down what you eat for a few days and see if there is anything on your list that could be triggering a reaction.
"Sometimes wheat sensitivity, intolerance or allergy can be a problem for the bowel," added Mr Johnson.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy