Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Try a spring detox
If your New Year’s resolutions had been firmly set aside before the last remnants of December 31st were properly cleaned up, now might be a good time to come back to the idea of detoxing.
Think about it: January is not the best time to start a new diet or commit to pouring the Pinot Grigio down the sink anyway. We still feel full of pastry and cake from Christmas and the dark evenings and overcast days just scream out for comfort food and booze.
So now that spring is starting to appear, try overhauling your diet so you can feel fresh and ready to enjoy the sunshine when it finally comes out.
According to herbalist and nutritional therapist Andrew Johnson, certain herbal teas have a detoxifying effect to cleanse the body and rid it of toxins.
Some have a diuretic effect to clean the kidneys, some are laxatives and can help the bowel, liver and digestive system, while others will produce a diaphoretic effect to cause sweating and aid the detox, he explained.
"But detox should really be considered on a cellular level, ultimately. When people think of detox they often think of what are called channels of elimination - the bowel, the kidneys, skin, lungs," the nutritional expert noted. "That’s true - they are important channels for detox."
If you feel sluggish and lethargic, it may be that your food consumption needs to be reviewed. Many people have an undiagnosed food intolerance or sensitivity that causes bloating and other side effects, so jot down what you eat for a few days and see if there is anything on your list that could be triggering a reaction.
"Sometimes wheat sensitivity, intolerance or allergy can be a problem for the bowel," added Mr Johnson.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Detox Dandelion & Burdock Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml50% OFFSpecial Price £10.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.