Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Try different kinds of Yoga to get you going
Fancy taking your Yoga equipment down to a local class but aren’t quite sure where to begin? There are lots of different Yoga-based activities to try - and none of them involve sitting cross-legged in silence.
As the London Evening Standard reported, fitness fans can get their Yoga kicks by, well, trying KickYoga, which combines Thai boxing techniques with deep stretching followed by calm reflection. As well as getting your heart rate up and burning off those post-Christmas calories, you’ll feel great afterwards from all the breathing exercises.
Then there’s AcroYoga, which appeals to those of us who have ever marvelled at the circus. This involves hanging upside down and practising Yoga poses while battling gravity, which is great for toning muscles. Take a friend with you as you’ll need to partner up to do some of the stretches.
If you fancy yourself as a bit of a mover, why not have a go at YogaDance? This is "a unique way of combining free flowing movement with Yoga", explained instructor Katie from Yoga studio Yotopia. "There is a new understanding of how the body best moves and is trained - using spiral movements, pulsing and repetition, instead of linear and static movements."
You may find that once you start taking your Yoga mats to the class of your choice, you’ll want comfortable clothing you can wear to get your poses right. Bamboo Yoga wear is a good option for those who get a bit sweaty as they work out, because it wicks away the moisture on your body and transports it to the outside of the fabric.
Bamboo clothes are made from one of the most sustainable plants in the world, which makes them perfect eco-friendly gifts for green-minded friends. Bamboo has natural antibacterial properties and allows skin to breathe easily, making it the perfect material to wear in hot gym studios.
Posted by Sam Wallace
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy