Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use coconut oil to protect hair against the elements
With the combination of falling temperatures and harsh central heating, many women find this time of the year plays havoc with their hair.
Locks can start looking lifeless and dry, or else become frizzy and flyaway when you try to brush them, so try using an organic coconut oil treatment to get the hair looking glossy and hydrated.
Become Gorgeous recommends individuals leave inexpensive coconut oil in their hair for an hour, or even overnight, as this gives the solution time to work into the hair and scalp.
The site's resident blogger Isy advises females to start with wet hair but not to apply any shampoo to it. Beginning with the scalp, work the oil through the roots and down the length of the strands of hair, using a comb to make sure the coconut oil is getting to those dehydrated locks. You can even warm the oil up before applying it by putting a couple of tablespoons inside a jar and submerging it in hot water for a minute or two.
Next, wrap your oiled hair in a warm towel and leave it for as long as possible. If you are planning to keep the oil on overnight, it might be an idea to lightly blowdry the roots of the hair so that you don't have to sleep on a damp pillow all night.
After the coconut has been left to work its magic, wash it out and shampoo your hair as normal. You should notice a significant difference in its condition after one use, and Isy reckons it has made her barnet much softer, shinier and manageable, with fewer knots to tackle. Treat your hair a couple of times a week to an intensive conditioning treatment using the coconut oil and it will remain looking and feeling vitalised despite the dreary skies and chilly winds.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.