Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use coconut oil to protect hair against the elements
With the combination of falling temperatures and harsh central heating, many women find this time of the year plays havoc with their hair.
Locks can start looking lifeless and dry, or else become frizzy and flyaway when you try to brush them, so try using an organic coconut oil treatment to get the hair looking glossy and hydrated.
Become Gorgeous recommends individuals leave inexpensive coconut oil in their hair for an hour, or even overnight, as this gives the solution time to work into the hair and scalp.
The site's resident blogger Isy advises females to start with wet hair but not to apply any shampoo to it. Beginning with the scalp, work the oil through the roots and down the length of the strands of hair, using a comb to make sure the coconut oil is getting to those dehydrated locks. You can even warm the oil up before applying it by putting a couple of tablespoons inside a jar and submerging it in hot water for a minute or two.
Next, wrap your oiled hair in a warm towel and leave it for as long as possible. If you are planning to keep the oil on overnight, it might be an idea to lightly blowdry the roots of the hair so that you don't have to sleep on a damp pillow all night.
After the coconut has been left to work its magic, wash it out and shampoo your hair as normal. You should notice a significant difference in its condition after one use, and Isy reckons it has made her barnet much softer, shinier and manageable, with fewer knots to tackle. Treat your hair a couple of times a week to an intensive conditioning treatment using the coconut oil and it will remain looking and feeling vitalised despite the dreary skies and chilly winds.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy