Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use hair loss treatment this autumn to reduce thinning
From this month onwards, women could find the use of a hair loss treatment vital to stop their locks from moulting excessively.
According to Glenn Lyons, consultant trichologist at the Philip Kingsley clinic in London, many females tend to lose their hair in the autumn because of a number of factors.
He told the Daily Mail that most hair loss is natural and due to the life cycle of the scalp.
Mr Lyons explained that an average hair grows for up to six years before going into the telogen, or resting, stage for between two and six months, then it falls out. The hair follicle then rests for another three months before growing another strand.
However, stress, medication, iron deficiency and diet can all have a significant impact on the health of hair, in some cases causing it to moult faster than it otherwise would have done.
"Hair is an incredibly sensitive barometer," Mr Lyons noted.
"Hair cells are the second-fastest produced cells in the body after bone marrow, so hair is often the first thing to suffer from any bodily upset. It can even forewarn you when there are no other symptoms of illness."
As well as addressing the causes of stress and illness in their life, women might be tempted to invest in organic shampoo to see whether this boosts the longevity of their locks.
They could also try a healthy living regime - eating lots of fruit and vegetables and taking some time out of their day to relax and unwind.
If they are struggling to eat a balanced diet, females could try introducing healthier products and gradually reducing the amount of fatty, salty and sugary foods they eat.
However, it is not advised to go on a crash diet, as this could lead to further hair loss.
Trichologist Dr Hugh Rushton told the Daily Mail: "You can eat as much protein and iron as you like, but without any energy your hair will suffer."
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy