Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use hair loss treatment this autumn to reduce thinning
From this month onwards, women could find the use of a hair loss treatment vital to stop their locks from moulting excessively.
According to Glenn Lyons, consultant trichologist at the Philip Kingsley clinic in London, many females tend to lose their hair in the autumn because of a number of factors.
He told the Daily Mail that most hair loss is natural and due to the life cycle of the scalp.
Mr Lyons explained that an average hair grows for up to six years before going into the telogen, or resting, stage for between two and six months, then it falls out. The hair follicle then rests for another three months before growing another strand.
However, stress, medication, iron deficiency and diet can all have a significant impact on the health of hair, in some cases causing it to moult faster than it otherwise would have done.
"Hair is an incredibly sensitive barometer," Mr Lyons noted.
"Hair cells are the second-fastest produced cells in the body after bone marrow, so hair is often the first thing to suffer from any bodily upset. It can even forewarn you when there are no other symptoms of illness."
As well as addressing the causes of stress and illness in their life, women might be tempted to invest in organic shampoo to see whether this boosts the longevity of their locks.
They could also try a healthy living regime - eating lots of fruit and vegetables and taking some time out of their day to relax and unwind.
If they are struggling to eat a balanced diet, females could try introducing healthier products and gradually reducing the amount of fatty, salty and sugary foods they eat.
However, it is not advised to go on a crash diet, as this could lead to further hair loss.
Trichologist Dr Hugh Rushton told the Daily Mail: "You can eat as much protein and iron as you like, but without any energy your hair will suffer."
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.