Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use hair loss treatment this autumn to reduce thinning
From this month onwards, women could find the use of a hair loss treatment vital to stop their locks from moulting excessively.
According to Glenn Lyons, consultant trichologist at the Philip Kingsley clinic in London, many females tend to lose their hair in the autumn because of a number of factors.
He told the Daily Mail that most hair loss is natural and due to the life cycle of the scalp.
Mr Lyons explained that an average hair grows for up to six years before going into the telogen, or resting, stage for between two and six months, then it falls out. The hair follicle then rests for another three months before growing another strand.
However, stress, medication, iron deficiency and diet can all have a significant impact on the health of hair, in some cases causing it to moult faster than it otherwise would have done.
"Hair is an incredibly sensitive barometer," Mr Lyons noted.
"Hair cells are the second-fastest produced cells in the body after bone marrow, so hair is often the first thing to suffer from any bodily upset. It can even forewarn you when there are no other symptoms of illness."
As well as addressing the causes of stress and illness in their life, women might be tempted to invest in organic shampoo to see whether this boosts the longevity of their locks.
They could also try a healthy living regime - eating lots of fruit and vegetables and taking some time out of their day to relax and unwind.
If they are struggling to eat a balanced diet, females could try introducing healthier products and gradually reducing the amount of fatty, salty and sugary foods they eat.
However, it is not advised to go on a crash diet, as this could lead to further hair loss.
Trichologist Dr Hugh Rushton told the Daily Mail: "You can eat as much protein and iron as you like, but without any energy your hair will suffer."
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Stimulator Hair Lotion 50ml£15.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml25% OFFAs low as £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)