Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use organic beauty products to hydrate dry skin
Getting our skin looking rosy and dewy is hard enough at the best of times, but in winter it can be a real struggle to brighten our complexion.
Luckily, there are organic beauty products that can help hydrate the skin and get some colour back into our cheeks.
Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist and founder of Uandyourskin.co.uk, commented: "With the first cold snap of winter forcing us to don our scarves and gloves and to crank up the heating, our skin can start to manifest a whole host of unsightly changes. [For] dry and flaky skin, any moisturiser worth entertaining should contain ingredients that are found in our skin."
This means picking organic beauty products that contain hyaluronic acid, which helps bind moisture to the dermis layer of the skin.
"Apply your moisturiser to slightly damp skin - this will further enhance its humectant properties and make your product go a little further. Dehydration is the term coined by the cosmetic industry to describe the tight, creepy appearance that’s down to a lack of water in the skin. It’s a lot more complex than this, however - upping your fluid intake can help," she mentioned.
Individuals might think the last thing their oily skin needs is more moisture, but the skincare expert pointed out that dehydrated skin can cause more problems. "If your skin is parched, it will try and help out by secreting more oil onto the skin. This can lead to an oily shine and blocked follicles - resulting in spotty outbreaks."
Ms Thomas-Minns explained that gentle exfoliation will clean out the pores and reduce blemishes on the face, while people might find their complexion improves if they use products containing alpha hydroxy acids, which work to rebalance the oil-secreting glands.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Lemon Balm Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £11.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin