Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use organic beauty products to hydrate dry skin
Getting our skin looking rosy and dewy is hard enough at the best of times, but in winter it can be a real struggle to brighten our complexion.
Luckily, there are organic beauty products that can help hydrate the skin and get some colour back into our cheeks.
Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist and founder of Uandyourskin.co.uk, commented: "With the first cold snap of winter forcing us to don our scarves and gloves and to crank up the heating, our skin can start to manifest a whole host of unsightly changes. [For] dry and flaky skin, any moisturiser worth entertaining should contain ingredients that are found in our skin."
This means picking organic beauty products that contain hyaluronic acid, which helps bind moisture to the dermis layer of the skin.
"Apply your moisturiser to slightly damp skin - this will further enhance its humectant properties and make your product go a little further. Dehydration is the term coined by the cosmetic industry to describe the tight, creepy appearance that’s down to a lack of water in the skin. It’s a lot more complex than this, however - upping your fluid intake can help," she mentioned.
Individuals might think the last thing their oily skin needs is more moisture, but the skincare expert pointed out that dehydrated skin can cause more problems. "If your skin is parched, it will try and help out by secreting more oil onto the skin. This can lead to an oily shine and blocked follicles - resulting in spotty outbreaks."
Ms Thomas-Minns explained that gentle exfoliation will clean out the pores and reduce blemishes on the face, while people might find their complexion improves if they use products containing alpha hydroxy acids, which work to rebalance the oil-secreting glands.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.