Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use organic beauty products to hydrate dry skin
Getting our skin looking rosy and dewy is hard enough at the best of times, but in winter it can be a real struggle to brighten our complexion.
Luckily, there are organic beauty products that can help hydrate the skin and get some colour back into our cheeks.
Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist and founder of Uandyourskin.co.uk, commented: "With the first cold snap of winter forcing us to don our scarves and gloves and to crank up the heating, our skin can start to manifest a whole host of unsightly changes. [For] dry and flaky skin, any moisturiser worth entertaining should contain ingredients that are found in our skin."
This means picking organic beauty products that contain hyaluronic acid, which helps bind moisture to the dermis layer of the skin.
"Apply your moisturiser to slightly damp skin - this will further enhance its humectant properties and make your product go a little further. Dehydration is the term coined by the cosmetic industry to describe the tight, creepy appearance that’s down to a lack of water in the skin. It’s a lot more complex than this, however - upping your fluid intake can help," she mentioned.
Individuals might think the last thing their oily skin needs is more moisture, but the skincare expert pointed out that dehydrated skin can cause more problems. "If your skin is parched, it will try and help out by secreting more oil onto the skin. This can lead to an oily shine and blocked follicles - resulting in spotty outbreaks."
Ms Thomas-Minns explained that gentle exfoliation will clean out the pores and reduce blemishes on the face, while people might find their complexion improves if they use products containing alpha hydroxy acids, which work to rebalance the oil-secreting glands.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Lemon Balm Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £11.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Debbie, There is 340 mg of herb per capsule in our Ashwagandha. We usually recommend 2 capsules a day which are equivalent to 680mg. It is possible to take up to 1200mg daily, but only over short periods, so we prefer to stay well within the limits of safety, while still dosing enough to see the benefits. We always recommend to discuss taking the supplement with your GP before hand if you'd like to increase dosages. I hope this helps :)