Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Using Yoga mats ’brilliant way to beat stress’
Individuals who are feeling a bit frazzled at this time of the year could take their Yoga equipment for a weekend break in the countryside.
The York Press reported that Yoga retreats "are a brilliant way to beat stress and bring on a sense of well-being", with writer Maxine Gordon trying one for herself at The Retreat at Split Farthing Hall near Thirsk.
She explained that after just one hour of sitting on her Yoga mat and getting stuck in with the first session, the retreat was "already beginning to work its magic".
As well as doing Yoga classes, the journalist learned about following the raw food diet, which involves eating plenty of fruit, vegetables and nuts but no cooking.
She also took part in several visualisation exercises designed to help people work out how they can achieve their life goals, which retreat owner Claire Maguire says are "about helping women become who they deserve to be".
Although those who go on the weekend break spend a lot of time with their quality Yoga mats and do meditation, Claire states that The Retreat is not a spiritual getaway.
"It is a bit unusual, but when women have been here for a weekend they don’t really think of it as something weird or strange. With the yoga, on the first day, they might laugh about it, but by the next day, they might get something more out of it," she told the writer.
Meanwhile, Daily Telegraph reporter Paul Clements tried out a Yoga class in London to find out how the sessions can help men become stronger and fitter.
He spoke to YogaAt.com founder James Muthana, who told him that males have "realised that Yoga is great for keeping trim, sculpting the abs, as well as providing that calm but focused mental attitude that’s useful at work and play. They see yoga as part of their general conditioning".
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy