Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Vintage make-up back in fashion
If you're looking for new make-up ideas, you might be interested to hear that vintage colours and styles are back in fashion.
According to Beryl Barnard, director of education at the London School of Beauty and Makeup, coral shades are making a real comeback.
She said this colour used to be reserved for "old ladies of 75" but is increasingly being used to create young and funky looks.
"Now we have got the soft, prettier corals, more fuchsia, Barbie pink," she explained.
Ms Barnard also pointed out that makeup trends evolve with the seasons, so as autumn turns to winter, colours are likely to get darker.
"In the winter, you have your vampy red and your burgundies and you probably wear a lot of black," she remarked.
However, the vintage look will still be popular, the expert predicted, especially following the sudden death of singer Amy Winehouse.
"For winter, there will definitely be the Amy Winehouse vintage eyeliner," she envisaged.
However, it's likely that most women will opt for a subtler look than the Back to Black star, who made eyeliner flicks her trademark.
Ms Barnard explained that often, celebrity and catwalk trends are watered down to produce a more manageable everyday look.
"If you actually saw the catwalk makeup close up, it is actually unblended," she stated. "It needs to be very harsh to stand out along the runway."
She said makeup for real women should be softer and natural, and not as edgy as it is on the runway or in fashion magazines.
If you're experimenting with vintage makeup trends, bold colours and thick eyeliner, it's important that you invest in some natural beauty products to protect the delicate skin of your face.
A gentle facial cleanser that will remove all traces of makeup and impurities is a must, as is a good moisturiser.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks