Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Washing your hair ’gets rid of stress’
Now that autumn has well and truly arrived, you might be feeling cold and a bit down about not being able to venture outside in summery dresses for the next few months.
But next time you turn down an invitation for an evening out you don’t feel like going on, don’t be embarrassed to say that you’ll be washing your hair.
According to new research, the act of cleaning your locks with organic shampoo or other products helps us actually feel better.
Spike Lee of the University of Michigan recently led research into the emotional effects of getting clean.
He told the Daily Mail: "By washing the hands, taking a shower or even thinking of doing so, people can rid themselves of a sense of immorality, unlucky feelings, or doubt about a decision.
"The bodily experience of removing physical residues can provide the basis of removing more abstract mental residues - metaphor is that powerful," he explained.
However, this can work both ways, so if you’re feeling happy or excited about something, having a wash can reduce the positive impact.
"Cleansing removes the residual influence of earlier experience. If that was positive, it would go down the drain too," Mr Lee suggested.
"In fact, washing one’s hands after reminiscing about a positive event limits the warm glow of happy memories, leaving people less satisfied."
But even if your excitement has subsided a bit following a bath or shower, at least your hair will look and smell gorgeous after using herbal shampoo to get it squeaky clean.
Buying organic hair care products does not have to cost a bomb either, so why not take an evening out of your busy schedule this October, pour yourself a beverage of choice and run a hot bath or shower to get your locks feeling smooth and silky.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy