Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Washing your hair ’gets rid of stress’
Now that autumn has well and truly arrived, you might be feeling cold and a bit down about not being able to venture outside in summery dresses for the next few months.
But next time you turn down an invitation for an evening out you don’t feel like going on, don’t be embarrassed to say that you’ll be washing your hair.
According to new research, the act of cleaning your locks with organic shampoo or other products helps us actually feel better.
Spike Lee of the University of Michigan recently led research into the emotional effects of getting clean.
He told the Daily Mail: "By washing the hands, taking a shower or even thinking of doing so, people can rid themselves of a sense of immorality, unlucky feelings, or doubt about a decision.
"The bodily experience of removing physical residues can provide the basis of removing more abstract mental residues - metaphor is that powerful," he explained.
However, this can work both ways, so if you’re feeling happy or excited about something, having a wash can reduce the positive impact.
"Cleansing removes the residual influence of earlier experience. If that was positive, it would go down the drain too," Mr Lee suggested.
"In fact, washing one’s hands after reminiscing about a positive event limits the warm glow of happy memories, leaving people less satisfied."
But even if your excitement has subsided a bit following a bath or shower, at least your hair will look and smell gorgeous after using herbal shampoo to get it squeaky clean.
Buying organic hair care products does not have to cost a bomb either, so why not take an evening out of your busy schedule this October, pour yourself a beverage of choice and run a hot bath or shower to get your locks feeling smooth and silky.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml30% OFFAs low as £14.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.