Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Washing your hair ’gets rid of stress’
Now that autumn has well and truly arrived, you might be feeling cold and a bit down about not being able to venture outside in summery dresses for the next few months.
But next time you turn down an invitation for an evening out you don’t feel like going on, don’t be embarrassed to say that you’ll be washing your hair.
According to new research, the act of cleaning your locks with organic shampoo or other products helps us actually feel better.
Spike Lee of the University of Michigan recently led research into the emotional effects of getting clean.
He told the Daily Mail: "By washing the hands, taking a shower or even thinking of doing so, people can rid themselves of a sense of immorality, unlucky feelings, or doubt about a decision.
"The bodily experience of removing physical residues can provide the basis of removing more abstract mental residues - metaphor is that powerful," he explained.
However, this can work both ways, so if you’re feeling happy or excited about something, having a wash can reduce the positive impact.
"Cleansing removes the residual influence of earlier experience. If that was positive, it would go down the drain too," Mr Lee suggested.
"In fact, washing one’s hands after reminiscing about a positive event limits the warm glow of happy memories, leaving people less satisfied."
But even if your excitement has subsided a bit following a bath or shower, at least your hair will look and smell gorgeous after using herbal shampoo to get it squeaky clean.
Buying organic hair care products does not have to cost a bomb either, so why not take an evening out of your busy schedule this October, pour yourself a beverage of choice and run a hot bath or shower to get your locks feeling smooth and silky.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.