Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Water ’essential for summer skincare’
During the summer months it’s easy to think skincare is all about suncream, but there’s actually far more to be aware of!
Thomas Mueller, an ayruvedic practitioner and member of the Ayurvedic Practioners Association (www.apa.uk.com) claims that the essential thing to remember during the warmer weather is drinking plenty of water.
He explained: "The importance of proper hydration cannot be overemphasised, as it supports the release of water-soluble toxins from kidneys.
"Plus, a hydrated skin looks and feels better, with improved elasticity."
To achieve this healthy skin, then you’ll need to drink one to two litres of water a day, helping to flush out toxins and give your body the hydration it needs to keep you cool and functioning properly.
Pure water is certainly the go-to liquid for hydration, however Mr Mueller also advises that as part of your daily routine you might want to try drinking a little coconut water as well, "as it will help cool you down and hydrate".
Coconut oil is also especially useful in the summer months, as the ayurvedic practitioner suggests that a daily dry massage followed by the application of this fragrant oil will help to seal in moisture and leave skin with a healthy glow.
Rubbing oils into troublesome areas such as elbows, knees and heels is also a great idea after spending time outdoors, especially while on holiday.
If hot flushes tend to flare up during the warmer weather then there are some handy solutions you might enjoy trying.
Rose petals have a cooling effect when in contact with the skin, so spraying a little rose water on your face and chest can really help reduce your temperature - leaving you relaxed and smelling beautiful.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.