Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Water ’essential for summer skincare’
During the summer months it’s easy to think skincare is all about suncream, but there’s actually far more to be aware of!
Thomas Mueller, an ayruvedic practitioner and member of the Ayurvedic Practioners Association (www.apa.uk.com) claims that the essential thing to remember during the warmer weather is drinking plenty of water.
He explained: "The importance of proper hydration cannot be overemphasised, as it supports the release of water-soluble toxins from kidneys.
"Plus, a hydrated skin looks and feels better, with improved elasticity."
To achieve this healthy skin, then you’ll need to drink one to two litres of water a day, helping to flush out toxins and give your body the hydration it needs to keep you cool and functioning properly.
Pure water is certainly the go-to liquid for hydration, however Mr Mueller also advises that as part of your daily routine you might want to try drinking a little coconut water as well, "as it will help cool you down and hydrate".
Coconut oil is also especially useful in the summer months, as the ayurvedic practitioner suggests that a daily dry massage followed by the application of this fragrant oil will help to seal in moisture and leave skin with a healthy glow.
Rubbing oils into troublesome areas such as elbows, knees and heels is also a great idea after spending time outdoors, especially while on holiday.
If hot flushes tend to flare up during the warmer weather then there are some handy solutions you might enjoy trying.
Rose petals have a cooling effect when in contact with the skin, so spraying a little rose water on your face and chest can really help reduce your temperature - leaving you relaxed and smelling beautiful.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy