Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What health benefits can meditation bring?
Healthy living is about not only practicing good eating habits and undertaking regular exercise, but also about combating unwanted day-to-day problems.
This includes stress, depression and moods such as anger, all of which can occur sporadically, yet still require attention.
One way to help reduce the impacts these mental problems could be having on your health and wellbeing is to undertake meditation.
Why is meditation beneficial?
Meditation has been found to help regulate behaviour and reduce a range of mental problems, according to a new study from China’s Dalian University of Technology.
Regular meditation training was shown to provide positive improvements in existing conditions, while also reducing the likelihood of developing others.
What problems can it help with?
Scientists found that mental conditions such as attention deficit disorder, stress, dementia, depression and schizophrenia were all reduced after undergoing meditation for only a month.
This could significantly improve mental health and wellbeing both in the short and long-term.
Participants in the study also reported improvements in their mood, as well as reduced feelings of anger, depression and fatigue.
What’s the science behind it?
Scientists found that nerve fibres, known as white matter, became denser, providing a larger number of brain-signalling connections after 11 hours of meditation.
As well as physical changes, there was an expansion of myelin, the protective fatty insulation surrounding nerve fibres, ultimately helping to regulate behaviour.
How to meditate?
Meditation is an ancient practice in which practitioners train their minds to reach a calm state of consciousness and relaxation, as people focus on their breathing rather than the stresses and strains of everyday life.
Many beginners find it easier to use the guidance of an instructor, CD or peaceful music to help train themselves to reach this state.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.