Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What health benefits can meditation bring?
Healthy living is about not only practicing good eating habits and undertaking regular exercise, but also about combating unwanted day-to-day problems.
This includes stress, depression and moods such as anger, all of which can occur sporadically, yet still require attention.
One way to help reduce the impacts these mental problems could be having on your health and wellbeing is to undertake meditation.
Why is meditation beneficial?
Meditation has been found to help regulate behaviour and reduce a range of mental problems, according to a new study from China’s Dalian University of Technology.
Regular meditation training was shown to provide positive improvements in existing conditions, while also reducing the likelihood of developing others.
What problems can it help with?
Scientists found that mental conditions such as attention deficit disorder, stress, dementia, depression and schizophrenia were all reduced after undergoing meditation for only a month.
This could significantly improve mental health and wellbeing both in the short and long-term.
Participants in the study also reported improvements in their mood, as well as reduced feelings of anger, depression and fatigue.
What’s the science behind it?
Scientists found that nerve fibres, known as white matter, became denser, providing a larger number of brain-signalling connections after 11 hours of meditation.
As well as physical changes, there was an expansion of myelin, the protective fatty insulation surrounding nerve fibres, ultimately helping to regulate behaviour.
How to meditate?
Meditation is an ancient practice in which practitioners train their minds to reach a calm state of consciousness and relaxation, as people focus on their breathing rather than the stresses and strains of everyday life.
Many beginners find it easier to use the guidance of an instructor, CD or peaceful music to help train themselves to reach this state.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)