Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Why good posture is important for health and wellbeing
Combining good body posture with exercise is the ideal way to tone muscles, look taller and slimmer, and reduce joint pain.
Many of us are guilty of it - slouching over the computer at work, folding up awkwardly on the sofa or lugging around heavy bags that put unnecessary strain on our shoulders. But bad posture can lead to all sorts of aches and pains as well as making us look less confident, so try taking your primary school teacher’s advice and sitting up straight with your shoulders back and your stomach in.
"When you are in poor alignment, you create muscle imbalances," explained the Tampa Bay Times.
"Some muscles weaken and others become tight. But it is never too late to begin replacing some of those bad habits with good ones and, in the process, decrease back and neck discomfort. Introducing small daily changes can make a difference for the better."
The benefits of a good posture also include improved breathing, which in turn allows the muscles to function more effectively, increased energy and better health - poor body alignment has been linked to arthritis pain, back trouble and spinal fractures.
To maintain better posture throughout the day, remind yourself to keep your ankles, hips, shoulders and ears in a straight line whether you’re sitting down or standing up, the newspaper advised.
Lift your head when you’re walking around, because tucking your chin inward can put pressure on your vertebrae and lead to tension headaches and neck, shoulder and back pain.
Body positioning is especially important when you’re taking your Yoga equipment to the gym for an exercise class, because an upright posture should allow "more fluid, effortless movement" which in turn will lead to "better performance and health", the Vancouver Sun reported.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage