Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Why good posture is important for health and wellbeing
Combining good body posture with exercise is the ideal way to tone muscles, look taller and slimmer, and reduce joint pain.
Many of us are guilty of it - slouching over the computer at work, folding up awkwardly on the sofa or lugging around heavy bags that put unnecessary strain on our shoulders. But bad posture can lead to all sorts of aches and pains as well as making us look less confident, so try taking your primary school teacher’s advice and sitting up straight with your shoulders back and your stomach in.
"When you are in poor alignment, you create muscle imbalances," explained the Tampa Bay Times.
"Some muscles weaken and others become tight. But it is never too late to begin replacing some of those bad habits with good ones and, in the process, decrease back and neck discomfort. Introducing small daily changes can make a difference for the better."
The benefits of a good posture also include improved breathing, which in turn allows the muscles to function more effectively, increased energy and better health - poor body alignment has been linked to arthritis pain, back trouble and spinal fractures.
To maintain better posture throughout the day, remind yourself to keep your ankles, hips, shoulders and ears in a straight line whether you’re sitting down or standing up, the newspaper advised.
Lift your head when you’re walking around, because tucking your chin inward can put pressure on your vertebrae and lead to tension headaches and neck, shoulder and back pain.
Body positioning is especially important when you’re taking your Yoga equipment to the gym for an exercise class, because an upright posture should allow "more fluid, effortless movement" which in turn will lead to "better performance and health", the Vancouver Sun reported.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks