Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Wind down before bedtime with meditation
If you have trouble switching off at the end of the day and find it difficult to drift off to sleep, then you might want to give meditation or Yoga practice a whirl.
According to Jessica Alexander of the Sleep Council, it's common for people to have sleep problems when they're stressed or overworked.
"In times of worry and with so much negative news in the press on the economy and the future, people are worried about their jobs, they don't know what is going to happen," she explained.
"Obviously that leads to a stressful situation which can lead to difficulties sleeping."
Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to promote restful sleep and help you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start another day.
Ms Alexander suggested reading a book, listening to music and painting, all of which can help you relax and focus your mind.
She also recommending learning visualisation techniques and meditating to rid the mind of negative thoughts and achieve a sense of calm.
Practising Yoga could be one way to bring meditation into your life. While some forms of Yoga are intensely physical, designed to tone the body and boost fitness levels, others are much more focused on relaxation techniques such as deep breathing.
It's an exercise you can do in the gym or as part of a class, but if you have the right Yoga equipment, there's no reason why you can't do it at home as well.
Doing a few simple stretches and breathing exercises before bed could make a world of difference.
So if work is putting a strain on your life, or you're incessantly worrying about one thing or another, why not head to your nearest Yoga for beginners class to find out how the exercise can help you?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks