Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Wind down before bedtime with meditation
If you have trouble switching off at the end of the day and find it difficult to drift off to sleep, then you might want to give meditation or Yoga practice a whirl.
According to Jessica Alexander of the Sleep Council, it's common for people to have sleep problems when they're stressed or overworked.
"In times of worry and with so much negative news in the press on the economy and the future, people are worried about their jobs, they don't know what is going to happen," she explained.
"Obviously that leads to a stressful situation which can lead to difficulties sleeping."
Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to promote restful sleep and help you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start another day.
Ms Alexander suggested reading a book, listening to music and painting, all of which can help you relax and focus your mind.
She also recommending learning visualisation techniques and meditating to rid the mind of negative thoughts and achieve a sense of calm.
Practising Yoga could be one way to bring meditation into your life. While some forms of Yoga are intensely physical, designed to tone the body and boost fitness levels, others are much more focused on relaxation techniques such as deep breathing.
It's an exercise you can do in the gym or as part of a class, but if you have the right Yoga equipment, there's no reason why you can't do it at home as well.
Doing a few simple stretches and breathing exercises before bed could make a world of difference.
So if work is putting a strain on your life, or you're incessantly worrying about one thing or another, why not head to your nearest Yoga for beginners class to find out how the exercise can help you?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.