Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Wind down before bedtime with meditation
If you have trouble switching off at the end of the day and find it difficult to drift off to sleep, then you might want to give meditation or Yoga practice a whirl.
According to Jessica Alexander of the Sleep Council, it's common for people to have sleep problems when they're stressed or overworked.
"In times of worry and with so much negative news in the press on the economy and the future, people are worried about their jobs, they don't know what is going to happen," she explained.
"Obviously that leads to a stressful situation which can lead to difficulties sleeping."
Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to promote restful sleep and help you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start another day.
Ms Alexander suggested reading a book, listening to music and painting, all of which can help you relax and focus your mind.
She also recommending learning visualisation techniques and meditating to rid the mind of negative thoughts and achieve a sense of calm.
Practising Yoga could be one way to bring meditation into your life. While some forms of Yoga are intensely physical, designed to tone the body and boost fitness levels, others are much more focused on relaxation techniques such as deep breathing.
It's an exercise you can do in the gym or as part of a class, but if you have the right Yoga equipment, there's no reason why you can't do it at home as well.
Doing a few simple stretches and breathing exercises before bed could make a world of difference.
So if work is putting a strain on your life, or you're incessantly worrying about one thing or another, why not head to your nearest Yoga for beginners class to find out how the exercise can help you?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.