Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga can ’keep you sane’
Those who find their lives are busy and hectic in the modern world could keep themselves grounded through the practice of Yoga, it has been said.
Screenwriter and children’s author Patricia Rust wrote in the Huffington Post that, while the practice was developed as a preparation for meditation, she finds it helps keep her sane and has improved her concentration and perspective on life.
She encouraged everyone who can have stressful days to seek out some Yoga products and try it themselves, as the twisting and turning release endorphins, which increase happiness, as well as massaging the internal organs.
Yoga is a good way to improve healthy living, as it also eliminates toxins from the body and provides a way to exercise and strengthen the body, according to the writer.
"Yoga is not jumping through hoops or doing Marine Corps drills with the postures, despite what I see in Yoga studios," she said.
"For me, the kind of Yoga that works from the inside out is much more about quietude and meditation, and this is what I would encourage seeking out: Hatha, Iyengar or restorative Yoga," Ms Rust added.
Gerard Butler has become the latest A-list star to go public with a love of Yoga, praising the discipline for helping him hone his widely-envied figure.
The actor, who hit the big time as the beefed-up King Leonidas in the blood and guts epic 300, has recently been spotted looking far more svelte, which he put down to his Yoga products and his surf board that have helped him achieve the weight loss.
Other famous celebrities who enjoy a spot of Yoga include Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Meg Ryan.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.