Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga can ’keep you sane’
Those who find their lives are busy and hectic in the modern world could keep themselves grounded through the practice of Yoga, it has been said.
Screenwriter and children’s author Patricia Rust wrote in the Huffington Post that, while the practice was developed as a preparation for meditation, she finds it helps keep her sane and has improved her concentration and perspective on life.
She encouraged everyone who can have stressful days to seek out some Yoga products and try it themselves, as the twisting and turning release endorphins, which increase happiness, as well as massaging the internal organs.
Yoga is a good way to improve healthy living, as it also eliminates toxins from the body and provides a way to exercise and strengthen the body, according to the writer.
"Yoga is not jumping through hoops or doing Marine Corps drills with the postures, despite what I see in Yoga studios," she said.
"For me, the kind of Yoga that works from the inside out is much more about quietude and meditation, and this is what I would encourage seeking out: Hatha, Iyengar or restorative Yoga," Ms Rust added.
Gerard Butler has become the latest A-list star to go public with a love of Yoga, praising the discipline for helping him hone his widely-envied figure.
The actor, who hit the big time as the beefed-up King Leonidas in the blood and guts epic 300, has recently been spotted looking far more svelte, which he put down to his Yoga products and his surf board that have helped him achieve the weight loss.
Other famous celebrities who enjoy a spot of Yoga include Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Meg Ryan.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)