Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga ’could bring psychological benefits’
There could be a whole host of psychological benefits to gain from taking up yoga.
While the relaxation and muscle-toning is generally accepted as something yoga can bring to an individual, new research shows there could be even more positives to be had!
A study from Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard Medical School suggests that students who started doing yoga for beginners began to develop interesting mental benefits.
The research published in the Journal of Development & Behavioral Pediatrics showed that students assigned to Kripalu yoga classes for ten weeks recorded better psychosocial test results than those who were engaging in regular PE classes.
Kripalu yoga consists of a mix of physical yoga postures, as well as a combination of breathing exercises, relaxation and meditation, making it a thorough form of exercise for both the mind and body.
And evidently so, as researchers found that the students experienced improvements or no changes to mood problems, control of anger expression, resilience, mindfulness and anxiety.
Yoga can be a positive way to take ownership of psychological issues, especially stress, giving you a great excuse to concentrate on yourself both inside and out, while also freeing your mind of everyday worries.
By attempting to do even just 20 minutes of yoga three times a week, you can hope to clear your thoughts and focus better on building your core muscles and self-belief.
You will master that crane pose slowly but surely - so long as you commit yourself and your body.
This was something the study showed could come easier by practising yoga, with almost three-quarters of the adolescents reporting that they would like to continue on with the classes.
The research went on to suggest that by undertaking yoga, using exercises that combine strength, flexibility and relaxation the benefits could be immeasurable.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy