Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga ’could bring psychological benefits’
There could be a whole host of psychological benefits to gain from taking up yoga.
While the relaxation and muscle-toning is generally accepted as something yoga can bring to an individual, new research shows there could be even more positives to be had!
A study from Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard Medical School suggests that students who started doing yoga for beginners began to develop interesting mental benefits.
The research published in the Journal of Development & Behavioral Pediatrics showed that students assigned to Kripalu yoga classes for ten weeks recorded better psychosocial test results than those who were engaging in regular PE classes.
Kripalu yoga consists of a mix of physical yoga postures, as well as a combination of breathing exercises, relaxation and meditation, making it a thorough form of exercise for both the mind and body.
And evidently so, as researchers found that the students experienced improvements or no changes to mood problems, control of anger expression, resilience, mindfulness and anxiety.
Yoga can be a positive way to take ownership of psychological issues, especially stress, giving you a great excuse to concentrate on yourself both inside and out, while also freeing your mind of everyday worries.
By attempting to do even just 20 minutes of yoga three times a week, you can hope to clear your thoughts and focus better on building your core muscles and self-belief.
You will master that crane pose slowly but surely - so long as you commit yourself and your body.
This was something the study showed could come easier by practising yoga, with almost three-quarters of the adolescents reporting that they would like to continue on with the classes.
The research went on to suggest that by undertaking yoga, using exercises that combine strength, flexibility and relaxation the benefits could be immeasurable.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.