Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga equipment an inexpensive gym alternative
If you’re one of the thousands of people who plan to embark on a new fitness regime in 2012 you may be looking into your gym membership options and wondering how you can afford it.
According to a survey by moneysupermarket.com, one in ten people are concerned about the cost of joining a gym in the New Year.
Five per cent of those who are already members do not intend to renew again this year because they rarely used the gym in 2011 and need to cut costs.
This doesn’t mean that fewer people are planning to get fit in the 12 months ahead. It just means they’ll be finding less expensive ways to do so.
A few bits and pieces could cost the same as just two months of gym membership, so you’ll essentially be getting fit for free for the remainder of 2012.
And with Yoga equipment, you’ll be able to carry out high intensity workouts with lots of movement, or slower, strength-building sessions designed to tone and shape your muscles.
James Clarke, head of protection at moneysupermarket.com, said: "Despite the indulgence of Christmas it seems gym membership is not high on the priority list for a New Year health kick as Brits look to cut costs.
"Joining a gym can be a huge financial commitment, and with many gym-goers admitting to rarely using their membership, it’s important to consider whether their hard earned cash can be used more effectively."
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)