Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga equipment ’can improve your poses’
Fitness enthusiasts who want to break free of the ubiquitous gym workout and try something different could start off with a Yoga mat and a series of beginner sessions to learn the basic Yoga poses.
Those who have been practising Yoga for a while may be considering using different types of equipment to enhance their poses and improve their posture.
According to Charlotte Watts, a nutritional therapist, Yoga teacher and co-author of The De-Stress Diet, a Yoga belt, blocks and a blanket are three key items for the intermediate Yoga devotee.
A belt can be used to help binding when we can’t quite reach, she said, especially in poses where we are lying down and straightening out our legs. "A tie or scarf can work at the beginning," she noted.
Blocks - or even a phone directory - can be used to prop up our lower back in seated positions or placed under the head for neck support for lying down poses.
"Several [blocks] are always useful to practise poses where some height from the floor helps us open up, to lift the chest and top shoulder away from a hand on the floor for instance," the Yoga expert explained.
A folded blanket can always be used instead of a block, or you could stack up several blankets and use them in place of a Yoga bolster for restorative poses.
"Pulled around the front shins, this can help support the legs in seated or meditation postures to stop pain in the outer shins or gripping in the knees. They are also useful to place on mats for comfort and to facilitate ’letting go’," Ms Watts said.
"Maybe most importantly, to create a feeling of warmth and safety in savasana (final relaxation) so you can truly focus on the breath and releasing into the whole of the body."
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy