Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga keeps Eva Mendes fit and healthy
You may be wondering how actress Eva Mendes keeps her body in such great condition. Well wonder no more.
The 2 Fast 2 Furious star has revealed that as well as doing weights and cardio, she also makes Yoga a big part of her fitness regime.
In an interview with Zest magazine, the 37-year-old said she practices Yoga twice a week to complement her other, more intense workouts.
"It's mostly astanga, but my Yoga instructor creates a programme for me based around what I need," she explained.
"So if my muscles are tight from running, we'll do poses to open everything up."
Eva said that overall, she hits the gym three to four times a week to do light weights that target her whole body.
She also enjoys "serious cardio" like sprinting and interval running to get her heart rate up and burn fat.
"The minimum I do cardio for is 35 minutes, but you can get a lot done in that time if you use it wisely," she insisted. "Then I spend about an hour on the weight training."
Combining cardio and weight training with Yoga like Eva can be very beneficial, as it will help you hold those difficult poses for longer.
This will help you strengthen your core muscles and achieve that toned look that so many women desire.
Just make sure that if you are embarking on a Yoga fitness regime, you invest in some quality Yoga equipment to help you make the most of your workouts.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet will also provide you with the energy you need to reap the full rewards of Yoga.
Eva has the right idea. Instead of shying away from carbohydrates as some weight-obsessed celebrities do, she understands that they're important.
However, she did say she sticks to wholemeal bread and brown rice instead of white varieties.
"I focus on the inside out," she explained. "So it's all about what I'm eating, how I'm feeding my body and how much water I'm drinking."
Whatever she's doing, it's clearly working.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)