Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga keeps Eva Mendes fit and healthy
You may be wondering how actress Eva Mendes keeps her body in such great condition. Well wonder no more.
The 2 Fast 2 Furious star has revealed that as well as doing weights and cardio, she also makes Yoga a big part of her fitness regime.
In an interview with Zest magazine, the 37-year-old said she practices Yoga twice a week to complement her other, more intense workouts.
"It's mostly astanga, but my Yoga instructor creates a programme for me based around what I need," she explained.
"So if my muscles are tight from running, we'll do poses to open everything up."
Eva said that overall, she hits the gym three to four times a week to do light weights that target her whole body.
She also enjoys "serious cardio" like sprinting and interval running to get her heart rate up and burn fat.
"The minimum I do cardio for is 35 minutes, but you can get a lot done in that time if you use it wisely," she insisted. "Then I spend about an hour on the weight training."
Combining cardio and weight training with Yoga like Eva can be very beneficial, as it will help you hold those difficult poses for longer.
This will help you strengthen your core muscles and achieve that toned look that so many women desire.
Just make sure that if you are embarking on a Yoga fitness regime, you invest in some quality Yoga equipment to help you make the most of your workouts.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet will also provide you with the energy you need to reap the full rewards of Yoga.
Eva has the right idea. Instead of shying away from carbohydrates as some weight-obsessed celebrities do, she understands that they're important.
However, she did say she sticks to wholemeal bread and brown rice instead of white varieties.
"I focus on the inside out," she explained. "So it's all about what I'm eating, how I'm feeding my body and how much water I'm drinking."
Whatever she's doing, it's clearly working.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy