Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga wheel pose improves core strength
Fitness enthusiasts have been encouraged to try the Yoga pose ’wheel’ - also known as the Chakrasana - on their Yoga mats in order to improve their overall fitness levels.
According to celebrity Yoga trainer Subodh Gupta, the challenging Yogasana pose, in which the body is arched back and supported on the palms and soles of the feet, is one of the most effective ways of increasing the strength of the upper body.
It is also an ideal way to develop the flexibility and strength of the spine and helps inspire a feeling of vitality and suppleness.
Yoga practitioners who use the wheel will also find that it strengthens the upper back, arms, shoulders, wrists, buttocks, thighs and abdomen.
According to Mr Gupta, the pose can also have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, the thyroid and pituitary glands, as well as the glandular, digestive, respiratory and nervous systems.
In addition to helping improve physical wellbeing, it is also an excellent method of increasing spiritual wellbeing and acts as a counterbalance to depression, Mr Gupta maintained.
However, although the wheel pose is a healthy and moderately safe exercise method, prospective practitioners were urged to exercise caution.
It is not recommended for anyone with weak wrists, sufferers of back pain or those that have experienced back injury. Pregnant women are also advised against assuming the yoga pose wheel.
Those who have any doubts or concerns about their suitability to practice the wheel pose were advised to consult their doctors in the first instance.
Writing in the Huffington Post, screenwriter and children’s author Patricia Rust recently announced that Yoga meditation has helped to improve their concentration levels and has enabled her to put her life in perspective.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy