Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Your sunscreen ’should provide antioxidants’
Although the recent cold spell and April showers have put a stop to our plans to go out in our spring wardrobe, it is still important to ensure we protect our skin against the damage posed by UVA and UVB rays produced by the sun.
Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist and founder of uandyourskin.co.uk, said that as well as speeding up the ageing process, prolonged exposure to the sun can cause skin cancer.
"I get very cross when even now, with all of the knowledge available to us, we still have this obsession with getting a tan. A tanned skin is an unhealthy skin," she commented.
"You should be using a sunscreen with a maximum factor of 30 since, if you are using a product with titanium or zinc oxide, this will give you the best, broadest spectrum of protection against both UVA and UVB. It’s also more beneficial if your sunscreen contains antioxidants too. Look out for those with vitamin E or the super-charged antioxidant Idebenone."
Other herbal oils and solutions are said to be good for treating sunburn if you do forget to apply sunscreen before going out. Turmeric in particular is used to calm reddened skin and can be applied topically as a powder or paste, or else stirred into warm water or milk and drunk as a tincture.
Turmeric contains antioxidants that fight against the damage caused to skin cells by free radicals. The spice is also used as a natural antiseptic and may help minor cuts, bruises and burns to heal faster when applied to the affected area.
Other herbal remedies for sunburnt skin include aloe vera, which cools and soothes painful skin. The juice of the plant also boasts eight essential amino acids that our body cannot produce naturally, so it is a useful product to keep in the bathroom cabinet.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy