Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A coconut-tastic summer salad
Looking to add a tropical twist to your salad to give it an extra special edge? Coconut oil could be the ingredient for you.
As well as being a natural beauty product that can lead to beneficial effects on the skin, you can also eat this exciting oil for a tasty treat - and it's flavour could lend a hand the next time you're thinking of making a salad.
Made from coconut meat, it's a superb natural addition that makes a great change to the dressing recipes we're used to seeing in this part of the world.
Fantastic coconut crunch salad
To make this simple but tasty salad all you'll need are the following easy to find ingredients:
To serve two:
One small crisp iceberg lettuce
A handful of coconut flakes (non-sweetened)
Cooked beetroots to taste (the sort that come in transparent boxes, prepared in vinegar)
Two large carrots (great for Vitamin A!)
Eight small to medium full flavoured tomatoes
To create the salad:
Wash, peel and then grate the carrots, which will help to add crunch to your salad. Wash and halve the lettuce and then shred. Slice the beetroot into neat, attractive discs and quarter the tomatoes.
Add all these ingredients to your favourite bowl and combine.
To create the dressing, you will need to simply melt enough coconut oil to give a light coating and then combine with other ingredients. Instructions for how to create a variety of different dressings using this versatile oil can be found online.
Once you've dressed your salad, divide into two bowls and add a sprinkling of flaked coconut to the top of each dish, then serve and enjoy the tasty flavour of coconut oil adding a new twist to the usual salad experience!
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy