Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A coconut-tastic summer salad
Looking to add a tropical twist to your salad to give it an extra special edge? Coconut oil could be the ingredient for you.
As well as being a natural beauty product that can lead to beneficial effects on the skin, you can also eat this exciting oil for a tasty treat - and it's flavour could lend a hand the next time you're thinking of making a salad.
Made from coconut meat, it's a superb natural addition that makes a great change to the dressing recipes we're used to seeing in this part of the world.
Fantastic coconut crunch salad
To make this simple but tasty salad all you'll need are the following easy to find ingredients:
To serve two:
One small crisp iceberg lettuce
A handful of coconut flakes (non-sweetened)
Cooked beetroots to taste (the sort that come in transparent boxes, prepared in vinegar)
Two large carrots (great for Vitamin A!)
Eight small to medium full flavoured tomatoes
To create the salad:
Wash, peel and then grate the carrots, which will help to add crunch to your salad. Wash and halve the lettuce and then shred. Slice the beetroot into neat, attractive discs and quarter the tomatoes.
Add all these ingredients to your favourite bowl and combine.
To create the dressing, you will need to simply melt enough coconut oil to give a light coating and then combine with other ingredients. Instructions for how to create a variety of different dressings using this versatile oil can be found online.
Once you've dressed your salad, divide into two bowls and add a sprinkling of flaked coconut to the top of each dish, then serve and enjoy the tasty flavour of coconut oil adding a new twist to the usual salad experience!
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.