Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A coconut-tastic summer salad
Looking to add a tropical twist to your salad to give it an extra special edge? Coconut oil could be the ingredient for you.
As well as being a natural beauty product that can lead to beneficial effects on the skin, you can also eat this exciting oil for a tasty treat - and it's flavour could lend a hand the next time you're thinking of making a salad.
Made from coconut meat, it's a superb natural addition that makes a great change to the dressing recipes we're used to seeing in this part of the world.
Fantastic coconut crunch salad
To make this simple but tasty salad all you'll need are the following easy to find ingredients:
To serve two:
One small crisp iceberg lettuce
A handful of coconut flakes (non-sweetened)
Cooked beetroots to taste (the sort that come in transparent boxes, prepared in vinegar)
Two large carrots (great for Vitamin A!)
Eight small to medium full flavoured tomatoes
To create the salad:
Wash, peel and then grate the carrots, which will help to add crunch to your salad. Wash and halve the lettuce and then shred. Slice the beetroot into neat, attractive discs and quarter the tomatoes.
Add all these ingredients to your favourite bowl and combine.
To create the dressing, you will need to simply melt enough coconut oil to give a light coating and then combine with other ingredients. Instructions for how to create a variety of different dressings using this versatile oil can be found online.
Once you've dressed your salad, divide into two bowls and add a sprinkling of flaked coconut to the top of each dish, then serve and enjoy the tasty flavour of coconut oil adding a new twist to the usual salad experience!
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks