Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A Healthy Liver Is A Healthy Body
A Healthy Liver Is A Healthy Body
By Jade Ellis
CLEANSING THE LIVER
The liver is an extremely important organ. It processes nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals from your food. Your liver gets rid of all toxins and microbes, helps your blood to clot and plays a vital role in maintaining your body’s metabolic balance. With the help of Vitamin K, the liver produces proteins that are important in blood clotting. The liver also breaks down old or damaged blood cells. In fat metabolism the liver cells break down fats and produce energy.
For all of these reasons, the liver is so integral to the healthy functioning of our systems. There are tips for keeping your liver healthy, such as eating a healthy diet full of fruit and vegetables, avoiding alcohol and red meat, not smoking, drinking more water, exercising, and avoiding self-medicating.
THE HEALTHY WAY TO DETOX YOUR LIVER: HOW TO GUIDE
There are so many detoxes out there today, people either juicing, fasting or adding in alkalising foods into your diet. A simple way to make sure you keep your liver healthy is through a plant based diet, heavy on veg and no processed foods, such as fast food and refined sugar. It is best keeping detoxes simple so they are actually manageable in daily life. Here are five tips to keep your liver healthy and detox in a good and natural way.
1. Cut out Alcohol!
Alcohol is actually a toxin and your liver uses up large amounts of energy trying to expel the alcohol so it can purify your blood. This causes the liver to use up metabolic energy which can lead to fatigue and weight gain.
2. Drink more water with lemon!
Cleanse your system by drinking water. This will alkalize and hydrate the body. To alkalize even more, add a squeeze of lemon to your water to increase the cleansing properties. All citrus fruits contain Vitamin C and minerals, which will increase the expelling of waste. Flushing your liver is like giving your body a wash so your blood stays at optimal PH levels. It is best to keep your water levels up, and even drink herbal tea as another option.
3. Fresh organic foods- fruit and veg!
Eating right food is possibly one of the most important aspects to keep the liver functioning well. This means eating organic, fresh fruit and vegetables such as leafy greens filled with magnesium, chlorophyll, Vitamins A and C. Foods high in these vitamins as well as sulphur all boost liver detoxification cleansing. Specific foods that can aid this process are garlic, onions, kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli, collards, squash and apples. Buying organic is important for the liver as pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides toxify the liver. Organic food can be more expensive so just do the best you can, a little effort goes a long way.
4. Eat the right fats!
Fats are so important for our bodies. Fats have gained a bad rap over time, but there are healthy fats that we need for a functioning system. Your liver is responsible for producing the bile that breaks down fats. Eating healthy fats such as Avocados, hemp/flax/chia seeds, coconut oil, almonds. Plant based fats are much better for your liver, compared with animal fats such as red meat, which can lead to artery clogging inflammation. Vegetable oils should also be avoided due to their high trans-fat content.
5. Choose high quality supplements!
It is important to take high quality supplements and do research into which brands you can trust. B Vitamins and selenium metabolize substances in the body that keep your liver healthy. There are different herbs can also help to cleanse the liver, like Milk Thistle. Fushi’s Whole Food B Vitamin Complex is especially designed to improve the bioavailability and absorption of the supplements. The main role of B vitamins is helping the body to turn food into energy. The energy production requires many co-factors, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, and the B complex is the essential component. We have incorporated the B vitamins in Shiitake mushroom and Sunflower seed powders to enhance the absorption by the body, which reduces the need for high doses. Fushi’s Milk Thistle capsules to has proven antioxidant properties that can help detoxify the liver and help it stay healthy- and it is used extensively in Chinese medicine, with herbalists swearing by its healing functions. It has been tested extensively and used to treat a range of liver conditions, and we recommend it to compliment and support detoxing the liver or to help maintain healthy liver function.
The liver has two stages of detoxification. All of these tips to detoxify and cleanse the liver will aid in these steps without you feeling under the weather. There is no need to bombard your body with crazy cleanses. It is easier and better for your body to take simple steps, with a whole foods plant based, alcohol free diet. Making sure you exercise regularly, get enough sleep and abstain from smoking is also imperative to a healthy liver!
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?