Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A Healthy Liver Is A Healthy Body
A Healthy Liver Is A Healthy Body
By Jade Ellis
CLEANSING THE LIVER
The liver is an extremely important organ. It processes nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals from your food. Your liver gets rid of all toxins and microbes, helps your blood to clot and plays a vital role in maintaining your body’s metabolic balance. With the help of Vitamin K, the liver produces proteins that are important in blood clotting. The liver also breaks down old or damaged blood cells. In fat metabolism the liver cells break down fats and produce energy.
For all of these reasons, the liver is so integral to the healthy functioning of our systems. There are tips for keeping your liver healthy, such as eating a healthy diet full of fruit and vegetables, avoiding alcohol and red meat, not smoking, drinking more water, exercising, and avoiding self-medicating.
THE HEALTHY WAY TO DETOX YOUR LIVER: HOW TO GUIDE
There are so many detoxes out there today, people either juicing, fasting or adding in alkalising foods into your diet. A simple way to make sure you keep your liver healthy is through a plant based diet, heavy on veg and no processed foods, such as fast food and refined sugar. It is best keeping detoxes simple so they are actually manageable in daily life. Here are five tips to keep your liver healthy and detox in a good and natural way.
1. Cut out Alcohol!
Alcohol is actually a toxin and your liver uses up large amounts of energy trying to expel the alcohol so it can purify your blood. This causes the liver to use up metabolic energy which can lead to fatigue and weight gain.
2. Drink more water with lemon!
Cleanse your system by drinking water. This will alkalize and hydrate the body. To alkalize even more, add a squeeze of lemon to your water to increase the cleansing properties. All citrus fruits contain Vitamin C and minerals, which will increase the expelling of waste. Flushing your liver is like giving your body a wash so your blood stays at optimal PH levels. It is best to keep your water levels up, and even drink herbal tea as another option.
3. Fresh organic foods- fruit and veg!
Eating right food is possibly one of the most important aspects to keep the liver functioning well. This means eating organic, fresh fruit and vegetables such as leafy greens filled with magnesium, chlorophyll, Vitamins A and C. Foods high in these vitamins as well as sulphur all boost liver detoxification cleansing. Specific foods that can aid this process are garlic, onions, kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli, collards, squash and apples. Buying organic is important for the liver as pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides toxify the liver. Organic food can be more expensive so just do the best you can, a little effort goes a long way.
4. Eat the right fats!
Fats are so important for our bodies. Fats have gained a bad rap over time, but there are healthy fats that we need for a functioning system. Your liver is responsible for producing the bile that breaks down fats. Eating healthy fats such as Avocados, hemp/flax/chia seeds, coconut oil, almonds. Plant based fats are much better for your liver, compared with animal fats such as red meat, which can lead to artery clogging inflammation. Vegetable oils should also be avoided due to their high trans-fat content.
5. Choose high quality supplements!
It is important to take high quality supplements and do research into which brands you can trust. B Vitamins and selenium metabolize substances in the body that keep your liver healthy. There are different herbs can also help to cleanse the liver, like Milk Thistle. Fushi’s Whole Food B Vitamin Complex is especially designed to improve the bioavailability and absorption of the supplements. The main role of B vitamins is helping the body to turn food into energy. The energy production requires many co-factors, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, and the B complex is the essential component. We have incorporated the B vitamins in Shiitake mushroom and Sunflower seed powders to enhance the absorption by the body, which reduces the need for high doses. Fushi’s Milk Thistle capsules to has proven antioxidant properties that can help detoxify the liver and help it stay healthy- and it is used extensively in Chinese medicine, with herbalists swearing by its healing functions. It has been tested extensively and used to treat a range of liver conditions, and we recommend it to compliment and support detoxing the liver or to help maintain healthy liver function.
The liver has two stages of detoxification. All of these tips to detoxify and cleanse the liver will aid in these steps without you feeling under the weather. There is no need to bombard your body with crazy cleanses. It is easier and better for your body to take simple steps, with a whole foods plant based, alcohol free diet. Making sure you exercise regularly, get enough sleep and abstain from smoking is also imperative to a healthy liver!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks