Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A Healthy Liver Is A Healthy Body
A Healthy Liver Is A Healthy Body
By Jade Ellis
CLEANSING THE LIVER
The liver is an extremely important organ. It processes nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals from your food. Your liver gets rid of all toxins and microbes, helps your blood to clot and plays a vital role in maintaining your body’s metabolic balance. With the help of Vitamin K, the liver produces proteins that are important in blood clotting. The liver also breaks down old or damaged blood cells. In fat metabolism the liver cells break down fats and produce energy.
For all of these reasons, the liver is so integral to the healthy functioning of our systems. There are tips for keeping your liver healthy, such as eating a healthy diet full of fruit and vegetables, avoiding alcohol and red meat, not smoking, drinking more water, exercising, and avoiding self-medicating.
THE HEALTHY WAY TO DETOX YOUR LIVER: HOW TO GUIDE
There are so many detoxes out there today, people either juicing, fasting or adding in alkalising foods into your diet. A simple way to make sure you keep your liver healthy is through a plant based diet, heavy on veg and no processed foods, such as fast food and refined sugar. It is best keeping detoxes simple so they are actually manageable in daily life. Here are five tips to keep your liver healthy and detox in a good and natural way.
1. Cut out Alcohol!
Alcohol is actually a toxin and your liver uses up large amounts of energy trying to expel the alcohol so it can purify your blood. This causes the liver to use up metabolic energy which can lead to fatigue and weight gain.
2. Drink more water with lemon!
Cleanse your system by drinking water. This will alkalize and hydrate the body. To alkalize even more, add a squeeze of lemon to your water to increase the cleansing properties. All citrus fruits contain Vitamin C and minerals, which will increase the expelling of waste. Flushing your liver is like giving your body a wash so your blood stays at optimal PH levels. It is best to keep your water levels up, and even drink herbal tea as another option.
3. Fresh organic foods- fruit and veg!
Eating right food is possibly one of the most important aspects to keep the liver functioning well. This means eating organic, fresh fruit and vegetables such as leafy greens filled with magnesium, chlorophyll, Vitamins A and C. Foods high in these vitamins as well as sulphur all boost liver detoxification cleansing. Specific foods that can aid this process are garlic, onions, kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli, collards, squash and apples. Buying organic is important for the liver as pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides toxify the liver. Organic food can be more expensive so just do the best you can, a little effort goes a long way.
4. Eat the right fats!
Fats are so important for our bodies. Fats have gained a bad rap over time, but there are healthy fats that we need for a functioning system. Your liver is responsible for producing the bile that breaks down fats. Eating healthy fats such as Avocados, hemp/flax/chia seeds, coconut oil, almonds. Plant based fats are much better for your liver, compared with animal fats such as red meat, which can lead to artery clogging inflammation. Vegetable oils should also be avoided due to their high trans-fat content.
5. Choose high quality supplements!
It is important to take high quality supplements and do research into which brands you can trust. B Vitamins and selenium metabolize substances in the body that keep your liver healthy. There are different herbs can also help to cleanse the liver, like Milk Thistle. Fushi’s Whole Food B Vitamin Complex is especially designed to improve the bioavailability and absorption of the supplements. The main role of B vitamins is helping the body to turn food into energy. The energy production requires many co-factors, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, and the B complex is the essential component. We have incorporated the B vitamins in Shiitake mushroom and Sunflower seed powders to enhance the absorption by the body, which reduces the need for high doses. Fushi’s Milk Thistle capsules to has proven antioxidant properties that can help detoxify the liver and help it stay healthy- and it is used extensively in Chinese medicine, with herbalists swearing by its healing functions. It has been tested extensively and used to treat a range of liver conditions, and we recommend it to compliment and support detoxing the liver or to help maintain healthy liver function.
The liver has two stages of detoxification. All of these tips to detoxify and cleanse the liver will aid in these steps without you feeling under the weather. There is no need to bombard your body with crazy cleanses. It is easier and better for your body to take simple steps, with a whole foods plant based, alcohol free diet. Making sure you exercise regularly, get enough sleep and abstain from smoking is also imperative to a healthy liver!
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Debbie, There is 340 mg of herb per capsule in our Ashwagandha. We usually recommend 2 capsules a day which are equivalent to 680mg. It is possible to take up to 1200mg daily, but only over short periods, so we prefer to stay well within the limits of safety, while still dosing enough to see the benefits. We always recommend to discuss taking the supplement with your GP before hand if you'd like to increase dosages. I hope this helps :)