Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A Healthy Liver Is A Healthy Body
A Healthy Liver Is A Healthy Body
By Jade Ellis
CLEANSING THE LIVER
The liver is an extremely important organ. It processes nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals from your food. Your liver gets rid of all toxins and microbes, helps your blood to clot and plays a vital role in maintaining your body’s metabolic balance. With the help of Vitamin K, the liver produces proteins that are important in blood clotting. The liver also breaks down old or damaged blood cells. In fat metabolism the liver cells break down fats and produce energy.
For all of these reasons, the liver is so integral to the healthy functioning of our systems. There are tips for keeping your liver healthy, such as eating a healthy diet full of fruit and vegetables, avoiding alcohol and red meat, not smoking, drinking more water, exercising, and avoiding self-medicating.
THE HEALTHY WAY TO DETOX YOUR LIVER: HOW TO GUIDE
There are so many detoxes out there today, people either juicing, fasting or adding in alkalising foods into your diet. A simple way to make sure you keep your liver healthy is through a plant based diet, heavy on veg and no processed foods, such as fast food and refined sugar. It is best keeping detoxes simple so they are actually manageable in daily life. Here are five tips to keep your liver healthy and detox in a good and natural way.
1. Cut out Alcohol!
Alcohol is actually a toxin and your liver uses up large amounts of energy trying to expel the alcohol so it can purify your blood. This causes the liver to use up metabolic energy which can lead to fatigue and weight gain.
2. Drink more water with lemon!
Cleanse your system by drinking water. This will alkalize and hydrate the body. To alkalize even more, add a squeeze of lemon to your water to increase the cleansing properties. All citrus fruits contain Vitamin C and minerals, which will increase the expelling of waste. Flushing your liver is like giving your body a wash so your blood stays at optimal PH levels. It is best to keep your water levels up, and even drink herbal tea as another option.
3. Fresh organic foods- fruit and veg!
Eating right food is possibly one of the most important aspects to keep the liver functioning well. This means eating organic, fresh fruit and vegetables such as leafy greens filled with magnesium, chlorophyll, Vitamins A and C. Foods high in these vitamins as well as sulphur all boost liver detoxification cleansing. Specific foods that can aid this process are garlic, onions, kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli, collards, squash and apples. Buying organic is important for the liver as pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides toxify the liver. Organic food can be more expensive so just do the best you can, a little effort goes a long way.
4. Eat the right fats!
Fats are so important for our bodies. Fats have gained a bad rap over time, but there are healthy fats that we need for a functioning system. Your liver is responsible for producing the bile that breaks down fats. Eating healthy fats such as Avocados, hemp/flax/chia seeds, coconut oil, almonds. Plant based fats are much better for your liver, compared with animal fats such as red meat, which can lead to artery clogging inflammation. Vegetable oils should also be avoided due to their high trans-fat content.
5. Choose high quality supplements!
It is important to take high quality supplements and do research into which brands you can trust. B Vitamins and selenium metabolize substances in the body that keep your liver healthy. There are different herbs can also help to cleanse the liver, like Milk Thistle. Fushi’s Whole Food B Vitamin Complex is especially designed to improve the bioavailability and absorption of the supplements. The main role of B vitamins is helping the body to turn food into energy. The energy production requires many co-factors, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, and the B complex is the essential component. We have incorporated the B vitamins in Shiitake mushroom and Sunflower seed powders to enhance the absorption by the body, which reduces the need for high doses. Fushi’s Milk Thistle capsules to has proven antioxidant properties that can help detoxify the liver and help it stay healthy- and it is used extensively in Chinese medicine, with herbalists swearing by its healing functions. It has been tested extensively and used to treat a range of liver conditions, and we recommend it to compliment and support detoxing the liver or to help maintain healthy liver function.
The liver has two stages of detoxification. All of these tips to detoxify and cleanse the liver will aid in these steps without you feeling under the weather. There is no need to bombard your body with crazy cleanses. It is easier and better for your body to take simple steps, with a whole foods plant based, alcohol free diet. Making sure you exercise regularly, get enough sleep and abstain from smoking is also imperative to a healthy liver!
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Dolores, thank you for your message!Ashwagandha is an adaptogen so will adapt to your own bodies rhythm. It is a powerful way to regulate energy levels through the day so in some people may boost circulation and cell activity, which is why you may find yourself with insomnia. Everyone is unique and different, so will react to herbs and remedies differently. As you are using bio-identical hormones, I would advise you check with your GP, as there are often interferences with herbs. Perhaps you should try taking your Ashwagandha in the morning to regulate your bodies rhythm through the day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan it actually cause insomnia and night sweats in menopausal women if taken at night? I think it does for me. I also use compounded bio-identical hormones.