Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A spoonful of honey ’helps the weight go down’
With the new year just around the corner and with the excesses of Christmas, many of you might be considering how best to get your healthy diet back on track and to shed those extra couple of festive pounds. However, you should remember to maintain a healthy diet and not do anything too drastic in a bid to lose weight.
The Honey Diet is a new technique that is being hailed as a breakthrough way to lose weight easily and at a good pace. But what is it?
Basically, the key to the honey diet is a single spoonful of honey every day before you go to bed. Of course, this still needs to be used alongside a balanced diet that doesn't contain too many fats and sugars, as well as regular exercise. But it is the honey that is the main trick behind your weight loss.
The plan has been formulated by nutritionist Mike McInnes, who found that honey is a great weight loss food during his years of research. As well as your spoonful of honey before bed, simply replace any sugar throughout the day - such as you would put in tea or coffee - with honey.
It has been found that replacing sugar with honey triggers changes in your metabolism that stop you reaching for sweet treats by reducing sugar cravings. These changes to your metabolism mean that it works a bit faster, helping you to burn fat even when you are sleeping. Mr McInnes suggests that by continuing this habit of using honey instead of sugar, it could help to shut down any cravings for sugar completely.
Eating honey instead of sugar is a great way to cut down on the processed foods in your body, which can make you put on weight. You might also find that you have more energy as you are less prone to sugar crashes, which occur when you have burnt through all the processed sugars.
If you are considering giving the Honey Diet a try, it is important to remember that a balanced diet that contains plenty of fruit, vegetables and water is important to your health. Reducing the amount of carbs - especially by cutting out potatoes - is recommended for this diet. Switch to brown rice, bread and wholemeal pasta to give you a better energy boost.
You should also aim to exercise regularly to maintain fitness levels and maintain a healthy weight.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.