Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A spoonful of honey ’helps the weight go down’
With the new year just around the corner and with the excesses of Christmas, many of you might be considering how best to get your healthy diet back on track and to shed those extra couple of festive pounds. However, you should remember to maintain a healthy diet and not do anything too drastic in a bid to lose weight.
The Honey Diet is a new technique that is being hailed as a breakthrough way to lose weight easily and at a good pace. But what is it?
Basically, the key to the honey diet is a single spoonful of honey every day before you go to bed. Of course, this still needs to be used alongside a balanced diet that doesn't contain too many fats and sugars, as well as regular exercise. But it is the honey that is the main trick behind your weight loss.
The plan has been formulated by nutritionist Mike McInnes, who found that honey is a great weight loss food during his years of research. As well as your spoonful of honey before bed, simply replace any sugar throughout the day - such as you would put in tea or coffee - with honey.
It has been found that replacing sugar with honey triggers changes in your metabolism that stop you reaching for sweet treats by reducing sugar cravings. These changes to your metabolism mean that it works a bit faster, helping you to burn fat even when you are sleeping. Mr McInnes suggests that by continuing this habit of using honey instead of sugar, it could help to shut down any cravings for sugar completely.
Eating honey instead of sugar is a great way to cut down on the processed foods in your body, which can make you put on weight. You might also find that you have more energy as you are less prone to sugar crashes, which occur when you have burnt through all the processed sugars.
If you are considering giving the Honey Diet a try, it is important to remember that a balanced diet that contains plenty of fruit, vegetables and water is important to your health. Reducing the amount of carbs - especially by cutting out potatoes - is recommended for this diet. Switch to brown rice, bread and wholemeal pasta to give you a better energy boost.
You should also aim to exercise regularly to maintain fitness levels and maintain a healthy weight.
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.