Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A spoonful of honey ’helps the weight go down’
With the new year just around the corner and with the excesses of Christmas, many of you might be considering how best to get your healthy diet back on track and to shed those extra couple of festive pounds. However, you should remember to maintain a healthy diet and not do anything too drastic in a bid to lose weight.
The Honey Diet is a new technique that is being hailed as a breakthrough way to lose weight easily and at a good pace. But what is it?
Basically, the key to the honey diet is a single spoonful of honey every day before you go to bed. Of course, this still needs to be used alongside a balanced diet that doesn't contain too many fats and sugars, as well as regular exercise. But it is the honey that is the main trick behind your weight loss.
The plan has been formulated by nutritionist Mike McInnes, who found that honey is a great weight loss food during his years of research. As well as your spoonful of honey before bed, simply replace any sugar throughout the day - such as you would put in tea or coffee - with honey.
It has been found that replacing sugar with honey triggers changes in your metabolism that stop you reaching for sweet treats by reducing sugar cravings. These changes to your metabolism mean that it works a bit faster, helping you to burn fat even when you are sleeping. Mr McInnes suggests that by continuing this habit of using honey instead of sugar, it could help to shut down any cravings for sugar completely.
Eating honey instead of sugar is a great way to cut down on the processed foods in your body, which can make you put on weight. You might also find that you have more energy as you are less prone to sugar crashes, which occur when you have burnt through all the processed sugars.
If you are considering giving the Honey Diet a try, it is important to remember that a balanced diet that contains plenty of fruit, vegetables and water is important to your health. Reducing the amount of carbs - especially by cutting out potatoes - is recommended for this diet. Switch to brown rice, bread and wholemeal pasta to give you a better energy boost.
You should also aim to exercise regularly to maintain fitness levels and maintain a healthy weight.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy