Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Acai Berry Oil – The ‘Dark’ Horse
Acai berry oil – the ‘dark’ horse
By Sandra Atilgan
From rainforests to the world
Acai berry comes from the tropical amazon rainforest. For centuries Acai berry has been part of the diet of indigenous communities in the lush regions of the jungle, nourishing and strengthening the locals and playing a bread and milk (in current London terms Avocado on toast) like role in their diet. Soon the healing and energizing properties became known in the wider parts of Brazil and South America from where the Acai berry began its journey to the western hemisphere.
The last couple of years saw Acai berry demand soar in Europe and North America, as it’s wonderful nutritional properties became known (yay!). Currently considered as a super-food, Acai berry boasts an immense nutrient and antioxidant profile, which can help slow down the ageing and aid in treating various health conditions.
Acai berry oil is the oil extracted from the flesh of the nutritive Acai berries and is considered among the most potent antioxidant oils in the world, which is why our team here at Fushi Wellbeing decided to include it in our oils range.
Our Acai Berry oil is sourced from the sustainable region within Amazon and is Organic certified, cold pressed and unfiltered.
It ticks all the boxes.
So bringing this beautiful oil to the market isn’t just about ‘another oil’ – there is a very strong reasoning behind the idea of having Acai Berry oil in our range.
First Acai is among the berries highest in anti-oxidants which as you might have heard, are the ‘guys’ that fight free-radicals. And in case you’re feeling all confused with this medical jargon – free radicals are the lonely little particles that go around the body and basically ruin things about. The bad news is that we make free radicals all the time, the good news is that we can use anti-oxidants to counteract that and bring about the balance. Basically anytime we hear word antioxidants we feel like throwing confetti around (ok, maybe not exactly like that, but we totally know to look out for antioxidants, especially when choosing skin care or hair care products). It’s a must in the anti-ageing arsenal.
More than just anti-oxidants
Apart from being this antioxidant powerhouse, Acai berry oil is very high in essential fatty acids such as Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 that among many things, help to flush out the toxins and keep the skin hydrated and plump.
Phytosterols are another property to be excited about as they are known to encourage new collagen production (which we think everyone is up for).
A great source of Vitamin A, Acai berry oil also aids in maintaining tight skin cell junctions creating a protective shield against environmental damage. Acai Berry oil is also wonderful for treating stretch marks as it helps to regenerate the skin cells.
On a more therapeutic level – with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Acai berry oil can be used to alleviate muscular aches and pains.
Acai berry oil uses
Anti-ageing skin care
Heals and nourishes dry skin and hair
Soothes skin irritation
Helps to reduce stretch marks
Muscular aches and pains
Great emollient and can be used as a carrier oil
Great anti-inflammatory and can be used to alleviate swelling
How to use it?
Our Acai berry oil is a food grade oil, but it should be used topically only.
We recommend massaging a couple of drops in circular movements until absorbed or incorporating into skin creams, soaps or hair care products.
All in all – we hope you are as excited as we are about this dark ‘horse’ in our oils range.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream