Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Acai Berry Oil – The ‘Dark’ Horse
Acai berry oil – the ‘dark’ horse
By Sandra Atilgan
From rainforests to the world
Acai berry comes from the tropical amazon rainforest. For centuries Acai berry has been part of the diet of indigenous communities in the lush regions of the jungle, nourishing and strengthening the locals and playing a bread and milk (in current London terms Avocado on toast) like role in their diet. Soon the healing and energizing properties became known in the wider parts of Brazil and South America from where the Acai berry began its journey to the western hemisphere.
The last couple of years saw Acai berry demand soar in Europe and North America, as it’s wonderful nutritional properties became known (yay!). Currently considered as a super-food, Acai berry boasts an immense nutrient and antioxidant profile, which can help slow down the ageing and aid in treating various health conditions.
Acai berry oil is the oil extracted from the flesh of the nutritive Acai berries and is considered among the most potent antioxidant oils in the world, which is why our team here at Fushi Wellbeing decided to include it in our oils range.
Our Acai Berry oil is sourced from the sustainable region within Amazon and is Organic certified, cold pressed and unfiltered.
It ticks all the boxes.
So bringing this beautiful oil to the market isn’t just about ‘another oil’ – there is a very strong reasoning behind the idea of having Acai Berry oil in our range.
First Acai is among the berries highest in anti-oxidants which as you might have heard, are the ‘guys’ that fight free-radicals. And in case you’re feeling all confused with this medical jargon – free radicals are the lonely little particles that go around the body and basically ruin things about. The bad news is that we make free radicals all the time, the good news is that we can use anti-oxidants to counteract that and bring about the balance. Basically anytime we hear word antioxidants we feel like throwing confetti around (ok, maybe not exactly like that, but we totally know to look out for antioxidants, especially when choosing skin care or hair care products). It’s a must in the anti-ageing arsenal.
More than just anti-oxidants
Apart from being this antioxidant powerhouse, Acai berry oil is very high in essential fatty acids such as Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 that among many things, help to flush out the toxins and keep the skin hydrated and plump.
Phytosterols are another property to be excited about as they are known to encourage new collagen production (which we think everyone is up for).
A great source of Vitamin A, Acai berry oil also aids in maintaining tight skin cell junctions creating a protective shield against environmental damage. Acai Berry oil is also wonderful for treating stretch marks as it helps to regenerate the skin cells.
On a more therapeutic level – with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Acai berry oil can be used to alleviate muscular aches and pains.
Acai berry oil uses
Anti-ageing skin care
Heals and nourishes dry skin and hair
Soothes skin irritation
Helps to reduce stretch marks
Muscular aches and pains
Great emollient and can be used as a carrier oil
Great anti-inflammatory and can be used to alleviate swelling
How to use it?
Our Acai berry oil is a food grade oil, but it should be used topically only.
We recommend massaging a couple of drops in circular movements until absorbed or incorporating into skin creams, soaps or hair care products.
All in all – we hope you are as excited as we are about this dark ‘horse’ in our oils range.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.