Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Acai Berry Oil – The ‘Dark’ Horse
Acai berry oil – the ‘dark’ horse
By Sandra Atilgan
From rainforests to the world
Acai berry comes from the tropical amazon rainforest. For centuries Acai berry has been part of the diet of indigenous communities in the lush regions of the jungle, nourishing and strengthening the locals and playing a bread and milk (in current London terms Avocado on toast) like role in their diet. Soon the healing and energizing properties became known in the wider parts of Brazil and South America from where the Acai berry began its journey to the western hemisphere.
The last couple of years saw Acai berry demand soar in Europe and North America, as it’s wonderful nutritional properties became known (yay!). Currently considered as a super-food, Acai berry boasts an immense nutrient and antioxidant profile, which can help slow down the ageing and aid in treating various health conditions.
Acai berry oil is the oil extracted from the flesh of the nutritive Acai berries and is considered among the most potent antioxidant oils in the world, which is why our team here at Fushi Wellbeing decided to include it in our oils range.
Our Acai Berry oil is sourced from the sustainable region within Amazon and is Organic certified, cold pressed and unfiltered.
It ticks all the boxes.
So bringing this beautiful oil to the market isn’t just about ‘another oil’ – there is a very strong reasoning behind the idea of having Acai Berry oil in our range.
First Acai is among the berries highest in anti-oxidants which as you might have heard, are the ‘guys’ that fight free-radicals. And in case you’re feeling all confused with this medical jargon – free radicals are the lonely little particles that go around the body and basically ruin things about. The bad news is that we make free radicals all the time, the good news is that we can use anti-oxidants to counteract that and bring about the balance. Basically anytime we hear word antioxidants we feel like throwing confetti around (ok, maybe not exactly like that, but we totally know to look out for antioxidants, especially when choosing skin care or hair care products). It’s a must in the anti-ageing arsenal.
More than just anti-oxidants
Apart from being this antioxidant powerhouse, Acai berry oil is very high in essential fatty acids such as Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 that among many things, help to flush out the toxins and keep the skin hydrated and plump.
Phytosterols are another property to be excited about as they are known to encourage new collagen production (which we think everyone is up for).
A great source of Vitamin A, Acai berry oil also aids in maintaining tight skin cell junctions creating a protective shield against environmental damage. Acai Berry oil is also wonderful for treating stretch marks as it helps to regenerate the skin cells.
On a more therapeutic level – with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Acai berry oil can be used to alleviate muscular aches and pains.
Acai berry oil uses
Anti-ageing skin care
Heals and nourishes dry skin and hair
Soothes skin irritation
Helps to reduce stretch marks
Muscular aches and pains
Great emollient and can be used as a carrier oil
Great anti-inflammatory and can be used to alleviate swelling
How to use it?
Our Acai berry oil is a food grade oil, but it should be used topically only.
We recommend massaging a couple of drops in circular movements until absorbed or incorporating into skin creams, soaps or hair care products.
All in all – we hope you are as excited as we are about this dark ‘horse’ in our oils range.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy