Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Acai Berry Oil
Acai Berry oil is one of the most potent antioxidant oils in the world. Acai is a more potent antioxidant than mangosteen, prunes, pomegranates or cranberries. The Acai Berry boasts the highest per unit value of antioxidant power (ORAC) of any edible fruit in the world. The antioxidant capacity of this naturally occurring oil from the Acai fruit is as potent as that of the anthocyanins in the skin of the fruit itself.
Acai Berry Oil is deep golden to light brown in colour and has a mild yet pleasant fruity aroma. The seeds and pulp of Acai berries have been used for centuries by the natives of Brazil for their unmatched healing and nutritional properties. The Acai berry abounds in essential fatty acids such as Omega 3, Omega 6, and Omega 9. Approximately 60 -80%of this oil is Omega 9 and 10 -20% Omega 6. There are also many other vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, E, and C, minerals such as Phosphorus, Calcium, and Potassium, as well as polyphenols, anthocyanins, and phytosterols.
The small berries have been prized for generations by the region’s tribes for the healing and energising sustenance that they provide both as an edible fruit and nutritive oil.
Benefits of Acai Berry oil
It contains an impressive combination of Omega 6 and Omega 9 essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, phytosterols, and essential amino acids.
Acai Berry Oil is rich in anthocyanins and phenols making the oil a very powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. Its significant content of anthocyanins is reported to be 10-30 times higher than the anthocyanin content of red wine grapes.
Its rich content of nutrients and anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory action make Acai Berry Oil a remarkable oil for anti-aging. It is highly emollient and is effective moisturising oil to help heal dry and cracked skin, eczema and psoriasis.
This oil very easily penetrates into the skin, acting as an excellent emollient carrier oil. It is a highly beneficial for ÿtreating acne, reduce swelling and ease muscular aches and pains.
Studies have revealed that the phenols contains in Acai Berry Oil help protect against the damage of free-radical which can cause aging and disease within the body. So when taken internally the oil has many health benefits too.
Acai Berry oil helps restores elasticity to the skin du to its powerful anti-aging properties and EFA?s.
Acai Berry oil can also be used to massaged into the hair and used as a hair oilespecially for hair that is dry and damaged.
Natives of Brazil have often used this oil for muscular aches and swelling, die to it?s anti inflammatory properties.
Fushi?s Acai Berry oil is sourced from sustainable sources within the Amazon region.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks