Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Acai Spring Sorbet
By Sophie Leaver
Health & Wellbeing writer
This light, vibrant, delicious sorbet is the perfect treat now that Spring has come around! It is healthy, nutritious and energising, and perfect for afternoons in the sun, dinner party deserts or even for a fruity breakfast. You can adjust the flavours to suit your taste, and add any fruits, super food powders, or toppings you might like! Acai is nutritiously abundant, rich in antioxidants, omegas, amino acids, and plenty of fibre. The freeze-dried powder perfectly preserves this amazing nutritional profile for whenever you’re ready to use it! The colour and taste of this sorbet are so vibrant and inviting that it’s bound to make you smile.
2 frozen bananas, cut into small pieces (It’s easiest to peel and slice the bananas, place them in a container, and freeze)
1 handful of blackberries (blueberries, raspberries or strawberries would also work)
2 tablespoons of natural greek yoghurt (I used Fage, but any other type would work)
1/4 cup of almond milk
2 tablespoons of Acai powder
1 Bunch of fresh mint
Place the bananas, berries, yoghurt and powder into your blender and begin to mix.
As the ingredients start to blend, slowly pour the almond milk in until it forms a smooth, creamy consistency.
You can adjust the flavours as much as you wish here- adding in more lemon will bring out the tanginess of the berries, or adding more acai powder will give a richer, slightly more chocolaty taste.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?