Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Alleviate your anxiety the natural way
Stress is a problem that affects many people in the UK. Anxiety can have its roots in work, family or financial worries.
Sometimes there is no trigger for nervousness. Instead, people simply feel unable to cope with life's everyday demands.
If you're suffering from anxiety, it can affect every aspect of your life. Some people have difficulty sleeping, eating and maintaining relationships.
It can also affect a person physically - causing dramatic weight gain or loss, irritable skin and sometimes painful headaches and muscle pains.
If you feel that you are unable to cope with your anxiety, then there are specialist treatments available if you see your GP. Before you take the medical route, some people have found that natural remedies can help alleviate their anxiety.
Exercise is the quickest way to give yourself an energy boost. Getting your blood pumping releases endorphins - mood-enhancing chemicals which help you to cope better with stress.
Although all exercise is good, yoga is particularly beneficial in helping give you some meditation time to relax and reflect.
Yoga can help get you in the right frame of mind to allow you to identify the cause of your stress.
Once the origin of your anxiety has been sourced, you will be better equipped to think of ways around it and bust that stress.
Get rid of your vices
Many people turn to alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes in high-pressure situations.
These vices may give some short-term relief, but they are only creating further problems in the long term.
Instead of drinking coffee or wine, try a relaxing herbal tea or drink. The soothing components will help you sleep better at night, without adding any harmful toxins into your system.
Part of becoming happier simply comes from thinking more positively. Accept the things that you can't change, and focus on the good qualities of your life.
It's a lot easier to get bogged down in the negatives, but in doing so often people miss the many good aspects about their life.
Some people find that writing three positive things about their life every day can really help them to appreciate what they do have.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.