Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry) for health
Amla or Amalaki is incredibly renowned in Ayurveda as the fruit of longevity. It is packed with antioxidants and has the ability to promote rejuvenation in many of the body’s vital systems. It helps provide strength and a general feeling of wellbeing, as well as is extremely helpful in boosting and strengthening the immune system. The Latin name for Amalaki is Emblica Officinalis.ÿ
Amalaki is a small berry and is known to be the richest source of Vitamin C in nature. It is a potent little berry that has been used for many years combat diseases and build the immune system.
Some of the health benefits of Amalaki or Amla include:-
Amalaki is helpful in curbing the appetite, acidity, indigestion, constipation, flatulence, gastric troubles, strengthens the teeth and improves the liver function. It has been used widely for gastric ulcers and piles and the results have been documented, with excellent results.
It is a powerful immune builder and strengthens the body against infections and improves it ability to fight disease. A natural and immensely rich source of vitamin C, Amalaki also helps the body fight the agingÿ process as it is rich in anti oxidants.
Amalaki is also meant to be beneficial for the circulatory system, and is is said to help lower blood sugar level as well as cholesterol levels.
Being rich in antioxidants the Amla fruit help promote more youthful and radiant skin when used topically and also when taken internally. It helps fight wrinkles and keeps the skin smooth and tight.
When used as a local application it is beneficial in prevention of hair loss. When rubbed on the scalp it stimulates the hair follicles and promoting thick healthy hair growth. It is also meant toÿ prevent premature greying of ones hairs and lessens dandruff.
Amalaki is often recommended for thoseÿsuffering from arthritic conditions, due to its anti-inflammatory properties it helps toÿ effectively suppress swelling and its associated pain.
In Ayurveda, Amalaki if also known for its abilities to help improve eyesight. It eliminates the watering and itching often found in tired eyes and is said to slow down the development of cataracts. So all in all this wondrous Gooseberry may be little but what it offers is an array of very many health benefits.
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.