Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Andiroba Oil ? Brazil
Andiroba oil is emollient nut oil derived from the Andiroba seeds or nuts of the Amazonian tree, Carapa guianensis. The Indians in the Amazon have used Andiroba oil for centuries as a natural insect repellent, emollient and healing oil. One of the unique properties of the Andiroba oil is that it contains a group of chemicals called limonoids which is what gives this oil its powerful anti inflammatory properties.
Benefits of Andiroba oil
It is high in analgesic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, is also rich in vitamin F, fatty acids linoleic, required for healthy cell membranes which reduce puffiness and swelling of the skin.ÿ Its traditional uses have been for psoriasis, dermatitis, heat rash, skin fungi, and other skin problems.
Andiroba oil is a also a rich source of essential fatty acids including oleic, palmitic, stearic, and linoleic acids, which are beneficial for the skin and cell regeneration. Andiroba oil is superbly moisturising oil due to its emollient nature.
Taken internally Andiroba oil yields up to 60% unsaturated fatty acids and can contain up to 10% linoleic acid (shown in various studies over the years to help lower cholesterol levels and may reduce blood pressure,
The seed oil has been traditionally used by Brazilians to treat arthritis and for its anti-inflammatory properties; the oil from the fruit is also ingested to treat persistent coughs.
The possible anti-carcinogenic properties of the Andiroba have also been investigated during tests at the Museum of Medicinal Plants in Brazil, this study suggested that Andiroba may indeed posses some properties that may also beÿ anti-carcinogenic.
Fushi?s Andiroba oil is sourced from sustainable sources within the Amazon region.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?