Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Andiroba Oil ? Brazil
Andiroba oil is emollient nut oil derived from the Andiroba seeds or nuts of the Amazonian tree, Carapa guianensis. The Indians in the Amazon have used Andiroba oil for centuries as a natural insect repellent, emollient and healing oil. One of the unique properties of the Andiroba oil is that it contains a group of chemicals called limonoids which is what gives this oil its powerful anti inflammatory properties.
Benefits of Andiroba oil
It is high in analgesic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, is also rich in vitamin F, fatty acids linoleic, required for healthy cell membranes which reduce puffiness and swelling of the skin.ÿ Its traditional uses have been for psoriasis, dermatitis, heat rash, skin fungi, and other skin problems.
Andiroba oil is a also a rich source of essential fatty acids including oleic, palmitic, stearic, and linoleic acids, which are beneficial for the skin and cell regeneration. Andiroba oil is superbly moisturising oil due to its emollient nature.
Taken internally Andiroba oil yields up to 60% unsaturated fatty acids and can contain up to 10% linoleic acid (shown in various studies over the years to help lower cholesterol levels and may reduce blood pressure,
The seed oil has been traditionally used by Brazilians to treat arthritis and for its anti-inflammatory properties; the oil from the fruit is also ingested to treat persistent coughs.
The possible anti-carcinogenic properties of the Andiroba have also been investigated during tests at the Museum of Medicinal Plants in Brazil, this study suggested that Andiroba may indeed posses some properties that may also beÿ anti-carcinogenic.
Fushi?s Andiroba oil is sourced from sustainable sources within the Amazon region.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin