Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Andiroba Oil ? Brazil
Andiroba oil is emollient nut oil derived from the Andiroba seeds or nuts of the Amazonian tree, Carapa guianensis. The Indians in the Amazon have used Andiroba oil for centuries as a natural insect repellent, emollient and healing oil. One of the unique properties of the Andiroba oil is that it contains a group of chemicals called limonoids which is what gives this oil its powerful anti inflammatory properties.
Benefits of Andiroba oil
It is high in analgesic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, is also rich in vitamin F, fatty acids linoleic, required for healthy cell membranes which reduce puffiness and swelling of the skin.ÿ Its traditional uses have been for psoriasis, dermatitis, heat rash, skin fungi, and other skin problems.
Andiroba oil is a also a rich source of essential fatty acids including oleic, palmitic, stearic, and linoleic acids, which are beneficial for the skin and cell regeneration. Andiroba oil is superbly moisturising oil due to its emollient nature.
Taken internally Andiroba oil yields up to 60% unsaturated fatty acids and can contain up to 10% linoleic acid (shown in various studies over the years to help lower cholesterol levels and may reduce blood pressure,
The seed oil has been traditionally used by Brazilians to treat arthritis and for its anti-inflammatory properties; the oil from the fruit is also ingested to treat persistent coughs.
The possible anti-carcinogenic properties of the Andiroba have also been investigated during tests at the Museum of Medicinal Plants in Brazil, this study suggested that Andiroba may indeed posses some properties that may also beÿ anti-carcinogenic.
Fushi?s Andiroba oil is sourced from sustainable sources within the Amazon region.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks