Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Andiroba Oil ? Brazil
Andiroba oil is emollient nut oil derived from the Andiroba seeds or nuts of the Amazonian tree, Carapa guianensis. The Indians in the Amazon have used Andiroba oil for centuries as a natural insect repellent, emollient and healing oil. One of the unique properties of the Andiroba oil is that it contains a group of chemicals called limonoids which is what gives this oil its powerful anti inflammatory properties.
Benefits of Andiroba oil
It is high in analgesic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, is also rich in vitamin F, fatty acids linoleic, required for healthy cell membranes which reduce puffiness and swelling of the skin.ÿ Its traditional uses have been for psoriasis, dermatitis, heat rash, skin fungi, and other skin problems.
Andiroba oil is a also a rich source of essential fatty acids including oleic, palmitic, stearic, and linoleic acids, which are beneficial for the skin and cell regeneration. Andiroba oil is superbly moisturising oil due to its emollient nature.
Taken internally Andiroba oil yields up to 60% unsaturated fatty acids and can contain up to 10% linoleic acid (shown in various studies over the years to help lower cholesterol levels and may reduce blood pressure,
The seed oil has been traditionally used by Brazilians to treat arthritis and for its anti-inflammatory properties; the oil from the fruit is also ingested to treat persistent coughs.
The possible anti-carcinogenic properties of the Andiroba have also been investigated during tests at the Museum of Medicinal Plants in Brazil, this study suggested that Andiroba may indeed posses some properties that may also beÿ anti-carcinogenic.
Fushi?s Andiroba oil is sourced from sustainable sources within the Amazon region.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.