Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Animal yoga exercises to alleviate back tension
Back pain is something that plagues many people - especially those of us that sit working at a desk all day.
Studies have shown that regular yoga exercise can really help relieve the stress and tension in the back which causes the pain.
Some yoga exercises are more effective than others, with specific positions directly helping to alleviate back tension.
Try these animal style yoga exercises for a more calm, supple and relaxed you.
You might want to leave them for home though, it could look a little strange at the office...
With the cat stretch, you've really got to do exactly what it says on the tin.
Get on all fours (yes, just like a cat), and keep your back as flat as possible.
As you breathe out arch your back up, tuck your chin into your chest and push your tailbone underneath.
Keep the position until you inhale again, and then repeat.
The cat stretch is great for a quick release of sharp back pain.
Just like the cat stretch, start this one on all fours - this time with your hands directly underneath your shoulders.
Walk your hands a few paces forward, keeping your fingers spread wide.
Try and keep your feet apart and your knees slightly bent.
Deeply inhale and exhale until you feel the benefits - which should be a few breaths in.
With the fish pose, you need to lie completely flat on your back (grab a yoga mat so as not to hurt yourself on the floor), and bend your knees up.
Using only your elbows, arch your back slightly off the ground. While doing this, be sure to keep your head on the ground flat.
For more tips and positions, invest in a yoga book which gives you step by step instructions. Hopefully you'll have a pain-free back in no time!
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?