Cookies on fushi.co.uk
This delicious and healthy version of the all-time favourite pancake will entice your taste buds and deliver mouthfuls of succulent sweetness!
Made with the goodness of golden berries and organic ghee, it’s a delicious guilt free treat and perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 medium eggs
225g of buckwheat flour
250ml brown rice milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 apple (washed and grated)
40g of Fushi golden berries (finely chopped)
3 Tbl of Fushi ghee (for pan frying pancakes)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Maple syrup (for serving)
2Tbl of flaked almonds (for serving)
200g of fresh strawberries (for serving)
3 kiwifruit (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
2 peaches (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
125g of Greek or goats yoghurt (for serving)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Peel and grate the apple and place in a bowl to one side.
2. Finely chop the golden berries and add to the bowl of grated apple.
3. Place the buckwheat flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, rice milk and vanilla essence together using a whisk or hand mixer.
5. Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together well. Now add in the golden berries and the grated apple.
6. Heat the ghee in a frying pan. Use a ladle to spoon out even dollops of pancake mixture into the pan. When you start to see little bubbles appearing on the surface you know that your pancake is ready to flip over.
Serve with maple syrup and fresh organic berries, peaches, kiwifruit, and flaked almonds. A blob of Greek or goat’s yoghurt always makes for a nice addition to offset the sweetness of the fruit and the maple syrup.
Makes about 10-12 small pancakes or 6 large