Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Apple and Golden Berry Pancakes or Waffles
This delicious and healthy version of the all-time favourite pancake will entice your taste buds and deliver mouthfuls of succulent sweetness!
Made with the goodness of golden berries and organic ghee, it’s a delicious guilt free treat and perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 medium eggs
225g of buckwheat flour
250ml brown rice milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 apple (washed and grated)
40g of Fushi golden berries (finely chopped)
3 Tbl of Fushi ghee (for pan frying pancakes)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Maple syrup (for serving)
2Tbl of flaked almonds (for serving)
200g of fresh strawberries (for serving)
3 kiwifruit (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
2 peaches (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
125g of Greek or goats yoghurt (for serving)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Peel and grate the apple and place in a bowl to one side.
2. Finely chop the golden berries and add to the bowl of grated apple.
3. Place the buckwheat flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, rice milk and vanilla essence together using a whisk or hand mixer.
5. Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together well. Now add in the golden berries and the grated apple.
6. Heat the ghee in a frying pan. Use a ladle to spoon out even dollops of pancake mixture into the pan. When you start to see little bubbles appearing on the surface you know that your pancake is ready to flip over.
Serve with maple syrup and fresh organic berries, peaches, kiwifruit, and flaked almonds. A blob of Greek or goat’s yoghurt always makes for a nice addition to offset the sweetness of the fruit and the maple syrup.
Makes about 10-12 small pancakes or 6 large
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.