Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Apple and Golden Berry Pancakes or Waffles
This delicious and healthy version of the all-time favourite pancake will entice your taste buds and deliver mouthfuls of succulent sweetness!
Made with the goodness of golden berries and organic ghee, it’s a delicious guilt free treat and perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 medium eggs
225g of buckwheat flour
250ml brown rice milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 apple (washed and grated)
40g of Fushi golden berries (finely chopped)
3 Tbl of Fushi ghee (for pan frying pancakes)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Maple syrup (for serving)
2Tbl of flaked almonds (for serving)
200g of fresh strawberries (for serving)
3 kiwifruit (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
2 peaches (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
125g of Greek or goats yoghurt (for serving)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Peel and grate the apple and place in a bowl to one side.
2. Finely chop the golden berries and add to the bowl of grated apple.
3. Place the buckwheat flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, rice milk and vanilla essence together using a whisk or hand mixer.
5. Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together well. Now add in the golden berries and the grated apple.
6. Heat the ghee in a frying pan. Use a ladle to spoon out even dollops of pancake mixture into the pan. When you start to see little bubbles appearing on the surface you know that your pancake is ready to flip over.
Serve with maple syrup and fresh organic berries, peaches, kiwifruit, and flaked almonds. A blob of Greek or goat’s yoghurt always makes for a nice addition to offset the sweetness of the fruit and the maple syrup.
Makes about 10-12 small pancakes or 6 large
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?