Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Apple and Golden Berry Pancakes or Waffles
This delicious and healthy version of the all-time favourite pancake will entice your taste buds and deliver mouthfuls of succulent sweetness!
Made with the goodness of golden berries and organic ghee, it’s a delicious guilt free treat and perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 medium eggs
225g of buckwheat flour
250ml brown rice milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 apple (washed and grated)
40g of Fushi golden berries (finely chopped)
3 Tbl of Fushi ghee (for pan frying pancakes)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Maple syrup (for serving)
2Tbl of flaked almonds (for serving)
200g of fresh strawberries (for serving)
3 kiwifruit (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
2 peaches (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
125g of Greek or goats yoghurt (for serving)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Peel and grate the apple and place in a bowl to one side.
2. Finely chop the golden berries and add to the bowl of grated apple.
3. Place the buckwheat flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, rice milk and vanilla essence together using a whisk or hand mixer.
5. Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together well. Now add in the golden berries and the grated apple.
6. Heat the ghee in a frying pan. Use a ladle to spoon out even dollops of pancake mixture into the pan. When you start to see little bubbles appearing on the surface you know that your pancake is ready to flip over.
Serve with maple syrup and fresh organic berries, peaches, kiwifruit, and flaked almonds. A blob of Greek or goat’s yoghurt always makes for a nice addition to offset the sweetness of the fruit and the maple syrup.
Makes about 10-12 small pancakes or 6 large
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.