Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Apple and Golden Berry Pancakes or Waffles
This delicious and healthy version of the all-time favourite pancake will entice your taste buds and deliver mouthfuls of succulent sweetness!
Made with the goodness of golden berries and organic ghee, it’s a delicious guilt free treat and perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 medium eggs
225g of buckwheat flour
250ml brown rice milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 apple (washed and grated)
40g of Fushi golden berries (finely chopped)
3 Tbl of Fushi ghee (for pan frying pancakes)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Maple syrup (for serving)
2Tbl of flaked almonds (for serving)
200g of fresh strawberries (for serving)
3 kiwifruit (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
2 peaches (peeled and sliced) (for serving)
125g of Greek or goats yoghurt (for serving)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Peel and grate the apple and place in a bowl to one side.
2. Finely chop the golden berries and add to the bowl of grated apple.
3. Place the buckwheat flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, rice milk and vanilla essence together using a whisk or hand mixer.
5. Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together well. Now add in the golden berries and the grated apple.
6. Heat the ghee in a frying pan. Use a ladle to spoon out even dollops of pancake mixture into the pan. When you start to see little bubbles appearing on the surface you know that your pancake is ready to flip over.
Serve with maple syrup and fresh organic berries, peaches, kiwifruit, and flaked almonds. A blob of Greek or goat’s yoghurt always makes for a nice addition to offset the sweetness of the fruit and the maple syrup.
Makes about 10-12 small pancakes or 6 large
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks