Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Argan oil for anti-ageing
The argan nut comes from the argan tree and grows only in the South Western part of Morocco. From these nuts, a very nutritious oil is extracted which is renowned for its anti-ageing properties. This antioxidant rich oil has become very popular for its use in cosmetics and also for its nutritional properties.
Argan oil as a cosmetic is a very potent anti-ageing, nourishing, and hydrating natural care product. The oil is rich in vitamin A and has a very high content of vitamin E, which is an extremely potent antioxidant; it stimulates the synthesis of good prostaglandins and inhibits the effects of ageing.
Rich in essential fatty acids, it invigorates the skin by balancing and stimulating the natural physiologic process of the dermis cells. The essential oil is also rich with vitamin A and E, allowing for deep moisturisation and nourishment, making it perfect for ageing skins.
Argan oil skin benefits:
•Reduces wrinkles and softens the skin
•It is rich in proteins shown to tighten the skin and protect skin’s elasticity
•Promotes the speedy regeneration of the skin by restarting vital functions of cells to prevent early ageing due to external aggressions (sun, bad weather, pollution, stress, tobacco, etc.)
•It is known to help reduce scarring, and help prevent stretch marks caused by pregnancy and weight fluctuations
•Possesses a sebum regulating action for oily skin
•Significantly hydrates the skin by restoring its natural barrier and neutralizing free radical
Find here more information about argan oil benefits.
Importance of the argan tree
For centuries, Berber women of this Morocco have produced the oil which was used for their consumption and traditional Moroccan medicine. The Berber women have also used it for their skin and hair for hundreds of years.
The argan tree is a protected species, and under the protection of UNESCO, Cooperatives that have been formed to save and protect it. The cooperative regroups women from the area work together to produce the oil - to preserve the argan forest by finding a sustainable economic use for its products and improve the social and economic status of rural women.
It is from these cooperatives that we source argan oil from to ensure this valued tree is protected and sustained.
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.