Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Argan oil for anti-ageing
The argan nut comes from the argan tree and grows only in the South Western part of Morocco. From these nuts, a very nutritious oil is extracted which is renowned for its anti-ageing properties. This antioxidant rich oil has become very popular for its use in cosmetics and also for its nutritional properties.
Argan oil as a cosmetic is a very potent anti-ageing, nourishing, and hydrating natural care product. The oil is rich in vitamin A and has a very high content of vitamin E, which is an extremely potent antioxidant; it stimulates the synthesis of good prostaglandins and inhibits the effects of ageing.
Rich in essential fatty acids, it invigorates the skin by balancing and stimulating the natural physiologic process of the dermis cells. The essential oil is also rich with vitamin A and E, allowing for deep moisturisation and nourishment, making it perfect for ageing skins.
Argan oil skin benefits:
•Reduces wrinkles and softens the skin
•It is rich in proteins shown to tighten the skin and protect skin’s elasticity
•Promotes the speedy regeneration of the skin by restarting vital functions of cells to prevent early ageing due to external aggressions (sun, bad weather, pollution, stress, tobacco, etc.)
•It is known to help reduce scarring, and help prevent stretch marks caused by pregnancy and weight fluctuations
•Possesses a sebum regulating action for oily skin
•Significantly hydrates the skin by restoring its natural barrier and neutralizing free radical
Find here more information about argan oil benefits.
Importance of the argan tree
For centuries, Berber women of this Morocco have produced the oil which was used for their consumption and traditional Moroccan medicine. The Berber women have also used it for their skin and hair for hundreds of years.
The argan tree is a protected species, and under the protection of UNESCO, Cooperatives that have been formed to save and protect it. The cooperative regroups women from the area work together to produce the oil - to preserve the argan forest by finding a sustainable economic use for its products and improve the social and economic status of rural women.
It is from these cooperatives that we source argan oil from to ensure this valued tree is protected and sustained.
- Peppermint Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £5.00
- Saw Palmetto Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 Caps20% OFFSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks