Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Bad back? Yoga could be the answer!
Research has suggested that taking a yoga class on a weekly basis gave a similar level of relief from pain in the lower back as taking a class twice weekly, for a sample of minority patients with lower incomes.
Boston University Medical Centre reports that the findings, from researchers at its institution and the university's School of Medicine, suggest those who want to try yoga because of lower back pain might be able to benefit from going to a weekly class that's medically appropriate for them.
And it's not the first evidence that yoga can treat chronic pain in your lower back effectively.
The research appeared in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine and used a sample of 95 mainly low-income participants.
These people, who all had lower back pain, were split into a pair of groups, with one going to twice weekly classes and the other group going to once weekly classes.
Similar substantial improvements in pain were seen in both these groups at the end of the 12 week trial, in which both sets of participants were also encouraged to do yoga in their homes, too.
"Lower income patients often have worse lower back pain due to limited access to both mainstream health care treatments and complementary treatments such as yoga, massage and acupuncture," the lead author of the study, Robert Saper, explained.
"Given the similar improvement seen in once weekly yoga classes, and that once a week is more convenient and less expensive, we recommend patients suffering from lower back pain who want to pursue yoga attend a weekly therapeutic yoga class," he added.
No matter how often you want to go to your yoga class, if you're going to be doing yoga you'll want the right yoga equipment.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.