Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Bad back? Yoga could be the answer!
Research has suggested that taking a yoga class on a weekly basis gave a similar level of relief from pain in the lower back as taking a class twice weekly, for a sample of minority patients with lower incomes.
Boston University Medical Centre reports that the findings, from researchers at its institution and the university's School of Medicine, suggest those who want to try yoga because of lower back pain might be able to benefit from going to a weekly class that's medically appropriate for them.
And it's not the first evidence that yoga can treat chronic pain in your lower back effectively.
The research appeared in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine and used a sample of 95 mainly low-income participants.
These people, who all had lower back pain, were split into a pair of groups, with one going to twice weekly classes and the other group going to once weekly classes.
Similar substantial improvements in pain were seen in both these groups at the end of the 12 week trial, in which both sets of participants were also encouraged to do yoga in their homes, too.
"Lower income patients often have worse lower back pain due to limited access to both mainstream health care treatments and complementary treatments such as yoga, massage and acupuncture," the lead author of the study, Robert Saper, explained.
"Given the similar improvement seen in once weekly yoga classes, and that once a week is more convenient and less expensive, we recommend patients suffering from lower back pain who want to pursue yoga attend a weekly therapeutic yoga class," he added.
No matter how often you want to go to your yoga class, if you're going to be doing yoga you'll want the right yoga equipment.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy