Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Banana and Chia Cake
By TIFFANY INGLE
Luscious and irresistible combination, of wholesome ingredients
3 over-ripe bananas
3 tbsp. coconut blossom nectar (or agave syrup, pure maple syrup)
3 tbsp. Fushi chia seeds
1/3 cup Fushi virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup milled flax (or my favourite, milled Flaxseed, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed and goji berry mix)
1 ¾ cups ground almonds
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp bicarb
1/3 cup chopped walnuts for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and coat cake tin in coconut oil to prevent sticking
- 2. Ground the chia seeds in a pestle and mortar. Transfer to a bowl and add 9 tbsp. of warm water and stir well (1 tbsp. chia + 3 tbsp. water = 1 egg substitute. Therefore, because we have 3 tsps. Chia we need 9 tbsp. water). Leave to soak while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients
- 3. In a large bowl, mash bananas and coconut oil together
- 4. Add coconut blossom nectar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and bicarb
- 5. If the chia seeds have become ‘gloopy’ they are ready to add. If not, give them a few more minutes
- 6. Add the chia mix to the bowl, mixing in well
- 7. Add the flax and ground almonds
- 8. Sprinkle over the chopped walnuts for decoration (you can use any nuts/seeds for this)
- 9. Pour into cake tin and place in oven for 1hr. I usually end up covering the cake with foil in the last 20mins to stop burning
- 10. Take out of oven and leave to sit for 20-30 minutes to cool
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thankyou very informative ♥️
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.