Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Banana and Chia Cake
By TIFFANY INGLE
Luscious and irresistible combination, of wholesome ingredients
3 over-ripe bananas
3 tbsp. coconut blossom nectar (or agave syrup, pure maple syrup)
3 tbsp. Fushi chia seeds
1/3 cup Fushi virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup milled flax (or my favourite, milled Flaxseed, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed and goji berry mix)
1 ¾ cups ground almonds
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp bicarb
1/3 cup chopped walnuts for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and coat cake tin in coconut oil to prevent sticking
- 2. Ground the chia seeds in a pestle and mortar. Transfer to a bowl and add 9 tbsp. of warm water and stir well (1 tbsp. chia + 3 tbsp. water = 1 egg substitute. Therefore, because we have 3 tsps. Chia we need 9 tbsp. water). Leave to soak while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients
- 3. In a large bowl, mash bananas and coconut oil together
- 4. Add coconut blossom nectar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and bicarb
- 5. If the chia seeds have become ‘gloopy’ they are ready to add. If not, give them a few more minutes
- 6. Add the chia mix to the bowl, mixing in well
- 7. Add the flax and ground almonds
- 8. Sprinkle over the chopped walnuts for decoration (you can use any nuts/seeds for this)
- 9. Pour into cake tin and place in oven for 1hr. I usually end up covering the cake with foil in the last 20mins to stop burning
- 10. Take out of oven and leave to sit for 20-30 minutes to cool
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy