Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Banana and Chia Cake
By TIFFANY INGLE
Luscious and irresistible combination, of wholesome ingredients
3 over-ripe bananas
3 tbsp. coconut blossom nectar (or agave syrup, pure maple syrup)
3 tbsp. Fushi chia seeds
1/3 cup Fushi virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup milled flax (or my favourite, milled Flaxseed, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed and goji berry mix)
1 ¾ cups ground almonds
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp bicarb
1/3 cup chopped walnuts for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and coat cake tin in coconut oil to prevent sticking
- 2. Ground the chia seeds in a pestle and mortar. Transfer to a bowl and add 9 tbsp. of warm water and stir well (1 tbsp. chia + 3 tbsp. water = 1 egg substitute. Therefore, because we have 3 tsps. Chia we need 9 tbsp. water). Leave to soak while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients
- 3. In a large bowl, mash bananas and coconut oil together
- 4. Add coconut blossom nectar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and bicarb
- 5. If the chia seeds have become ‘gloopy’ they are ready to add. If not, give them a few more minutes
- 6. Add the chia mix to the bowl, mixing in well
- 7. Add the flax and ground almonds
- 8. Sprinkle over the chopped walnuts for decoration (you can use any nuts/seeds for this)
- 9. Pour into cake tin and place in oven for 1hr. I usually end up covering the cake with foil in the last 20mins to stop burning
- 10. Take out of oven and leave to sit for 20-30 minutes to cool
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.