Cookies on fushi.co.uk
BE THE BEARD YOU CAN BE
Health & Wellbeing writer
How do you feel about beards being back? To give your beard a little DIY nourishment find your favourite beard oil and let it grow on you...
They say there are two types of people in this world: those who appreciate good beards and those who are wrong. If you can pull off a bright and beautiful beard you can pull off anything! However, there is nothing worse than a dry, prickly and frazzle-filled face. Boys, it’s important to remember that just like the top of your head, your boastful beards need some taking care of too. This means regularly shampooing, conditioning and trimming but one thing that’s often forgotten is: oiling. Natural oils applied to the beard, are the secret to being a better man because you get a better beard. Not only do natural oils nourish and moisturise facial hair but they also hydrate the skin underneath, keeping your face flawlessly fresh and smelling good too!
Beard oils work in different ways to nourish and maintain healthy beard hair; they are the essential formula to achieving a sleek and shiny look. They also importantly keep the skin under the beard smooth and soft and work wonders on itching, sensitivity, beard-druff and dryness, allowing you to groom your beard neat and smooth. The Native American Indians used natural oils such as almond and grape-seed to keep their beards radiant. Since then, beard trends have made several comebacks through fashion and with that beard oils have stood by their side! There is an oilcyclopedia for beards and picking the right one is unique to each beard and skin type so it’s important to know the different blends and ingredients there are available when you’re looking for your magic beard potion...
AMAZING ARGAN OIL
Argan Oil also known as Moroccan oil is extracted from the kernels of the Argan Trees of Morocco and is one to use on particularly dry beards. The oil is loaded with anti-oxidants, fatty acids and Vitamins E and A. It is best to pick a pure Argan Oil as this powerfully works to condition and soften hair as it penetrates hair and repairs damaged follicles. It soaks through the beard to moisturise the skin underneath, whilst at the same time reduces grease by replacing it with shine.
Conditions and maintains hair
Heals split-ends and broken hair.
KING COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is the king of nourishment, it has intense moisturising powers which soften hair and create shine. Extracted from the kernels of coconuts it has super powers which stimulate hair growth, reduce any protein loss in hair and maintain a healthy mop of hair by protecting it from damage. It also leaves you with a cool coconut aroma. Make sure you use it in small amounts as too much can leave things greasy.
Treats daindruff and dry skin issues.
Conditions and maintains hair.
Boosts hair growth.
KEEP IT CAMELLIA
Camellia oil which is also known as tea seed oil comes from the seeds of theCamellia sinensis plant, which is predominately used for tea making. It is a brilliant moisturiser and was traditionally used in Ancient East Asia as a hair conditioner. The oil has no scent and is known to give beards the lightest, non greasy feel.
Conditions and maintains hair
A JOB FOR JOJOBA
Jojoba oil is the most natural feeling oil; it comes from the seeds of the Jojoba shrub found in Mexico and is packed with vitamins A, D and E copper, zinc, iodine and selenium. The oil is known to mimic ‘sebum’ which is your skin’s naturally produced oil. Because it has many similar properties to sebum, it is absorbed extremely well by the face. It is great for your skin but is also absorbed brilliantly by beard follicles.
Conditions and maintains hair.
Helps heal acne and other skin issues.
Anti-fungal and regulates skin oil production.
SWEET SWEET ALMOND
Coarse hair and skin? Almond oil is the answer as it has exceptional benefits for the skin but can simultaneously work magic to improve hair shine. It is created by crushing almonds found in South Asia to create oil which is abundant with nutrients such as mono fatty acids and vitamins E, A, D. It is also known to soften and condition hair which is particularly helpful for those suffering from itchy beards.
Protects against the sun and UV rays.
Maintains normal pH level of skin.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.