Cookies on fushi.co.uk
BE THE BEARD YOU CAN BE
Health & Wellbeing writer
How do you feel about beards being back? To give your beard a little DIY nourishment find your favourite beard oil and let it grow on you...
They say there are two types of people in this world: those who appreciate good beards and those who are wrong. If you can pull off a bright and beautiful beard you can pull off anything! However, there is nothing worse than a dry, prickly and frazzle-filled face. Boys, it’s important to remember that just like the top of your head, your boastful beards need some taking care of too. This means regularly shampooing, conditioning and trimming but one thing that’s often forgotten is: oiling. Natural oils applied to the beard, are the secret to being a better man because you get a better beard. Not only do natural oils nourish and moisturise facial hair but they also hydrate the skin underneath, keeping your face flawlessly fresh and smelling good too!
Beard oils work in different ways to nourish and maintain healthy beard hair; they are the essential formula to achieving a sleek and shiny look. They also importantly keep the skin under the beard smooth and soft and work wonders on itching, sensitivity, beard-druff and dryness, allowing you to groom your beard neat and smooth. The Native American Indians used natural oils such as almond and grape-seed to keep their beards radiant. Since then, beard trends have made several comebacks through fashion and with that beard oils have stood by their side! There is an oilcyclopedia for beards and picking the right one is unique to each beard and skin type so it’s important to know the different blends and ingredients there are available when you’re looking for your magic beard potion...
AMAZING ARGAN OIL
Argan Oil also known as Moroccan oil is extracted from the kernels of the Argan Trees of Morocco and is one to use on particularly dry beards. The oil is loaded with anti-oxidants, fatty acids and Vitamins E and A. It is best to pick a pure Argan Oil as this powerfully works to condition and soften hair as it penetrates hair and repairs damaged follicles. It soaks through the beard to moisturise the skin underneath, whilst at the same time reduces grease by replacing it with shine.
Conditions and maintains hair
Heals split-ends and broken hair.
KING COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is the king of nourishment, it has intense moisturising powers which soften hair and create shine. Extracted from the kernels of coconuts it has super powers which stimulate hair growth, reduce any protein loss in hair and maintain a healthy mop of hair by protecting it from damage. It also leaves you with a cool coconut aroma. Make sure you use it in small amounts as too much can leave things greasy.
Treats daindruff and dry skin issues.
Conditions and maintains hair.
Boosts hair growth.
KEEP IT CAMELLIA
Camellia oil which is also known as tea seed oil comes from the seeds of theCamellia sinensis plant, which is predominately used for tea making. It is a brilliant moisturiser and was traditionally used in Ancient East Asia as a hair conditioner. The oil has no scent and is known to give beards the lightest, non greasy feel.
Conditions and maintains hair
A JOB FOR JOJOBA
Jojoba oil is the most natural feeling oil; it comes from the seeds of the Jojoba shrub found in Mexico and is packed with vitamins A, D and E copper, zinc, iodine and selenium. The oil is known to mimic ‘sebum’ which is your skin’s naturally produced oil. Because it has many similar properties to sebum, it is absorbed extremely well by the face. It is great for your skin but is also absorbed brilliantly by beard follicles.
Conditions and maintains hair.
Helps heal acne and other skin issues.
Anti-fungal and regulates skin oil production.
SWEET SWEET ALMOND
Coarse hair and skin? Almond oil is the answer as it has exceptional benefits for the skin but can simultaneously work magic to improve hair shine. It is created by crushing almonds found in South Asia to create oil which is abundant with nutrients such as mono fatty acids and vitamins E, A, D. It is also known to soften and condition hair which is particularly helpful for those suffering from itchy beards.
Protects against the sun and UV rays.
Maintains normal pH level of skin.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?