Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Beat the Christmas holiday stress with yoga
Christmas can be a particularly stressful time, especially for busy mums.
According to recent research, mums spend over 50 hours preparing for the festive season.
All the shopping, wrapping, cooking and preparation certainly takes its toll on the average woman.
A pre-Christmas survey by Opinion Matters showed that over 80 per cent of individuals say it takes a month to recover from the stress caused by Christmas!
Rather than needing a holiday after your holiday, make sure that you take some time out of your day to practise some yoga moves to ensure that you stay calm.
This easy stance is particularly beneficial to a woman who needs an energy boost on the go.
Stand with your feet about three feet apart, left foot turned out. Extend your arms out to the sides and lean to the left, lowering your left hand to your shin and your right arm up towards the ceiling.
This should be repeated on both sides.
As this is a slow and easy pose, it should be incredibly soothing.
"Yoga looks to promote unity with body and mind, which can make our responses to the stresses around us more appropriate and leave us feeling 'grounded'," explains Charlotte Watts, a nutritional therapist, yoga teacher and co-author of The De-Stress Diet.
This position is especially beneficial to those who sit at a desk all day and suffer from stressful aches and pains.
Grab a chair (preferably not your office chair), and place your left hand or elbow on your seat for support, while reaching your right arm to the ceiling.
You can twist your body as much as you like - getting a greater stretch the more you move.
"Better posture and alignment can lead to improved circulation, digestion and hormone balance. Specifically this can help common issues like back and neck pain, headaches, clenched jaws and muscle tension, cramps and spasms," Ms Watts says.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy