Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Beauty benefits of evening primrose oil
If you want to ensure you have healthy skin and a bright complexion, one of the easiest things you can do is take evening primrose oil daily.
This amazing oil can be used as it is or taken as a supplement and has long been linked to a number of benefits. When it comes to beauty, evening primrose oil can help improve the health of your hair, nails and skin.
The oil has a lot of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which is a fatty acid that is essential to your system. When you take evening primrose oil daily, your body turns this fatty acid into a substance that works similarly to hormones and serves as an anti-inflammatory.
This means that the oil helps to reduce redness in the skin, which is common in those that suffer from acne, eczema, rosacea and psoriasis.
By reducing inflammation evening primrose may also help to clear the skin of any blemishes or blackheads. These are caused by dirt and excess oil clogging the pores, which can happen on a greater scale if the skin is swollen.
As evening primrose oil reduces swelling in the skin, the pores are able to become more open, allowing you to better clean your skin and get rid of all dirt and bacteria. It can also help to stop them recurring as less swelling means pores may be less likely to become blocked in the first place.
Evening primrose oil can also be applied directly to the skin, whether as a moisturiser or during the oil cleansing method. It has a high level of antioxidants, which are able to remove free radicals from the skin. These have been linked to skin ageing and dryness.
Using the oil on your skin will provide a deep level of moisturisation that is suitable for most skin types, helping to clear the skin of impurities and brighten your complexion by improving circulation. This makes it an ultimate weapon against skin fatigue that dulls your complexion during the darker winter months.
Applying it at night allows your skin to soak up all the goodness, meaning you wake up with moisturised and refreshed skin that is toned and firm. It will also ensure that you don't suffer from any dark circles or dull patches in the morning.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.