Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Beetroot and other detox ideas
It’s spring, and what better way to celebrate than with a closer look at some in-season detox delights? All these veggies are seasonal right now, so grab them while they’re at their best!
A beautiful vivid colour and sweet flavour all help make beetroot one of the tastiest veggies out there.
This versatile veg can be used in a huge number of ways and you may have seen it linked to detoxification.
Try it raw, used as a salad ingredient, to add a different edge to your leaf-filled healthy living treat.
One thing beetroot is simply bursting with is folic acid, which does things like play a part in the formation of red blood cells in the body. Also in there you’ll find potassium, Vitamin C, Zinc and more.
It’s perhaps appropriate that this veg is close to the colour of love, given that the Romans thought of it as being an aphrodisiac!
Interestingly, in the US you might hear beetroot referred to as a ’beet’.
Another veggie that people use when detoxing, spinach is a great addition to a salad. these leaves are pleasantly soft and have a mild and subtle taste.
Inside you’ll find Vitamin A and Vitamin K and manganese, among other things.
If you don’t like the idea of using spinach in a salad, why not put it in a smoothie? It’s subtle taste will not overpower sweeter flavours from fruits.
But if you’re not tried spinach for a while, we recommend you give these leaves a go, whole and raw, just to see if you like them that way.
Put some fresh, raw watercress into your salad and you’ll be adding a dose of Vitamin C - a vitamin with a range of benefits. It’s also home to vitamin K and vitamin A and contains calcium.
It’s stronger tasting than spinach and will add bit of bite to a salad. Perfect for when you’re after something a little edgier-tasting!
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy