Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A burst of flavours with just the right amount of crunch too. A favourite for all seasons and perfect light nutritious lunch.
By Nicole Gooding
Macadamia Nut Oil Salad Dressing
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 5 minutes
5Tbl of Fushi macadamia nut oil
2Tbl of apple cider vinegar
3tsp of runny honey
2tsp of Dijon mustard
½ small clove of garlic (grated or minced)
2tsp of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together
- Drizzle over the salad of your choice - Tastes particularly delicious with beetroot, pear and goats cheese salad. See recipe below:
Beetroot, Pear and Goats Cheese Salad
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 20 minutes
3 beetroots (washed, peeled and cut into matchsticks)
2 ripe pears (washed and cored and cut into matchsticks)
2 handfuls of macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
125g of goat’s cheese
Juice of half a lemon (drizzle over the cut pear)
Bunch of fresh mint
- Cut and prepare the beetroot and pear. Keep the pear separate and drizzle of the lemon juice to prevent it from going brown.
- You can cut the beetroot and pear however you like (matchsticks is suggested and always looks nice) but on this occasion I have used my spiraliser.
- Mix the beetroot and pear together gently and present on a large plate or salad platter.
- Crumble the chopped macadamia nuts over the top followed by the goat’s cheese.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the top (use sparingly – it’s quite flavoursome) and garnish with the fresh mint.