Cookies on fushi.co.uk
BEETROOT, PEAR AND GOATS CHEESE SALAD
A burst of flavours with just the right amount of crunch too. A favourite for all seasons and perfect light nutritious lunch.
By Nicole Gooding
Macadamia Nut Oil Salad Dressing
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 5 minutes
5Tbl of Fushi macadamia nut oil
2Tbl of apple cider vinegar
3tsp of runny honey
2tsp of Dijon mustard
½ small clove of garlic (grated or minced)
2tsp of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together
- Drizzle over the salad of your choice - Tastes particularly delicious with beetroot, pear and goats cheese salad. See recipe below:
Beetroot, Pear and Goats Cheese Salad
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 20 minutes
3 beetroots (washed, peeled and cut into matchsticks)
2 ripe pears (washed and cored and cut into matchsticks)
2 handfuls of macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
125g of goat’s cheese
Juice of half a lemon (drizzle over the cut pear)
Bunch of fresh mint
- Cut and prepare the beetroot and pear. Keep the pear separate and drizzle of the lemon juice to prevent it from going brown.
- You can cut the beetroot and pear however you like (matchsticks is suggested and always looks nice) but on this occasion I have used my spiraliser.
- Mix the beetroot and pear together gently and present on a large plate or salad platter.
- Crumble the chopped macadamia nuts over the top followed by the goat’s cheese.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the top (use sparingly – it’s quite flavoursome) and garnish with the fresh mint.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.