Cookies on fushi.co.uk
BEETROOT, PEAR AND GOATS CHEESE SALAD
A burst of flavours with just the right amount of crunch too. A favourite for all seasons and perfect light nutritious lunch.
By Nicole Gooding
Macadamia Nut Oil Salad Dressing
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 5 minutes
5Tbl of Fushi macadamia nut oil
2Tbl of apple cider vinegar
3tsp of runny honey
2tsp of Dijon mustard
½ small clove of garlic (grated or minced)
2tsp of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together
- Drizzle over the salad of your choice - Tastes particularly delicious with beetroot, pear and goats cheese salad. See recipe below:
Beetroot, Pear and Goats Cheese Salad
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 20 minutes
3 beetroots (washed, peeled and cut into matchsticks)
2 ripe pears (washed and cored and cut into matchsticks)
2 handfuls of macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
125g of goat’s cheese
Juice of half a lemon (drizzle over the cut pear)
Bunch of fresh mint
- Cut and prepare the beetroot and pear. Keep the pear separate and drizzle of the lemon juice to prevent it from going brown.
- You can cut the beetroot and pear however you like (matchsticks is suggested and always looks nice) but on this occasion I have used my spiraliser.
- Mix the beetroot and pear together gently and present on a large plate or salad platter.
- Crumble the chopped macadamia nuts over the top followed by the goat’s cheese.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the top (use sparingly – it’s quite flavoursome) and garnish with the fresh mint.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.