Cookies on fushi.co.uk
BEETROOT, PEAR AND GOATS CHEESE SALAD
A burst of flavours with just the right amount of crunch too. A favourite for all seasons and perfect light nutritious lunch.
By Nicole Gooding
Macadamia Nut Oil Salad Dressing
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 5 minutes
5Tbl of Fushi macadamia nut oil
2Tbl of apple cider vinegar
3tsp of runny honey
2tsp of Dijon mustard
½ small clove of garlic (grated or minced)
2tsp of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together
- Drizzle over the salad of your choice - Tastes particularly delicious with beetroot, pear and goats cheese salad. See recipe below:
Beetroot, Pear and Goats Cheese Salad
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 20 minutes
3 beetroots (washed, peeled and cut into matchsticks)
2 ripe pears (washed and cored and cut into matchsticks)
2 handfuls of macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
125g of goat’s cheese
Juice of half a lemon (drizzle over the cut pear)
Bunch of fresh mint
- Cut and prepare the beetroot and pear. Keep the pear separate and drizzle of the lemon juice to prevent it from going brown.
- You can cut the beetroot and pear however you like (matchsticks is suggested and always looks nice) but on this occasion I have used my spiraliser.
- Mix the beetroot and pear together gently and present on a large plate or salad platter.
- Crumble the chopped macadamia nuts over the top followed by the goat’s cheese.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the top (use sparingly – it’s quite flavoursome) and garnish with the fresh mint.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks