Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Benefits of coconut oil
We’ve all seen, (and of course, smelt) coconut oil in our moisturisers, but there may be a few benefits that you’re not yet aware of. Here we take a look at the top 5 benefits of coconut oil, and hopefully there will be some surprises!
As bizarre as it may seem, coconut oil has been proven to assist with weight loss. That sweet smelling oil can stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function and escalate energy levels – all key components in weight loss! Coconut oil also keeps our little ticker beating melodiously, nutritionist Dr. Carina Norris explains. “Animal studies suggest that polyphenol compounds in coconut oil can lower total cholesterol and the 'bad' LDL form of cholesterol, as well as raising 'good' HDL cholesterol, which could potentially have heart benefits.”
Coconut oil has been used for hair repair in coastal areas of the world for years, with countries like Malaysia using it as their only hair conditioner – providing a whole host of fantastic results! Coconut oil contains lauric and capric acid, and these little tools help our hair stay firmly to its roots, prohibiting hair fall and hair loss. Our good friend coconut oil is also a great moisture retainer – keeping our hair soft and easy to style. As if that wasn’t enough, the various fatty acids present in coconut oil stops dandruff!
As a fat-filled substance, coconut oil is a great moisturiser. It keeps our skin youthful and supple, reducing the appearance of lines without any irritation. As a rich moisturiser, coconut oil can also help with skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
Coconut oil has been used on cuts and bruises, where it forms a protective layer which speeds up the healing process.
Combating tooth decay
No, you’re not hearing things; research really has shown that digested coconut oil is able to attack the bacteria that cause tooth decay. As tooth decay affects around 60-90% of children in the UK, the findings of the research team from the Athlone Institute of Technology in Ireland are particularly significant. Scientists found that coconut oil stopped the growth of Streptococcus bacteria - a major cause of tooth decay. Hurrah for coconut oil!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Organic Rosehip Seed Oil Virgin 100ml Fresh-Pressed, Min Vit E 18.3mcg/g20% OFFSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Pure MCT Coconut Oil 100ml Fresh-Pressed (Organic)20% OFFSpecial Price £8.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed20% OFFAs low as £4.80 Regular Price £6.00
- Argan Moroccan Organic Oil Virgin 100ml Fresh-pressed20% OFFSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Jojoba Golden Organic Oil 100ml Fresh-Pressed20% OFFSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)