Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Benefits of coconut oil
We’ve all seen, (and of course, smelt) coconut oil in our moisturisers, but there may be a few benefits that you’re not yet aware of. Here we take a look at the top 5 benefits of coconut oil, and hopefully there will be some surprises!
As bizarre as it may seem, coconut oil has been proven to assist with weight loss. That sweet smelling oil can stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function and escalate energy levels – all key components in weight loss! Coconut oil also keeps our little ticker beating melodiously, nutritionist Dr. Carina Norris explains. “Animal studies suggest that polyphenol compounds in coconut oil can lower total cholesterol and the 'bad' LDL form of cholesterol, as well as raising 'good' HDL cholesterol, which could potentially have heart benefits.”
Coconut oil has been used for hair repair in coastal areas of the world for years, with countries like Malaysia using it as their only hair conditioner – providing a whole host of fantastic results! Coconut oil contains lauric and capric acid, and these little tools help our hair stay firmly to its roots, prohibiting hair fall and hair loss. Our good friend coconut oil is also a great moisture retainer – keeping our hair soft and easy to style. As if that wasn’t enough, the various fatty acids present in coconut oil stops dandruff!
As a fat-filled substance, coconut oil is a great moisturiser. It keeps our skin youthful and supple, reducing the appearance of lines without any irritation. As a rich moisturiser, coconut oil can also help with skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
Coconut oil has been used on cuts and bruises, where it forms a protective layer which speeds up the healing process.
Combating tooth decay
No, you’re not hearing things; research really has shown that digested coconut oil is able to attack the bacteria that cause tooth decay. As tooth decay affects around 60-90% of children in the UK, the findings of the research team from the Athlone Institute of Technology in Ireland are particularly significant. Scientists found that coconut oil stopped the growth of Streptococcus bacteria - a major cause of tooth decay. Hurrah for coconut oil!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed30% OFFAs low as £7.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.