Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Benefits of coconut oil
We’ve all seen, (and of course, smelt) coconut oil in our moisturisers, but there may be a few benefits that you’re not yet aware of. Here we take a look at the top 5 benefits of coconut oil, and hopefully there will be some surprises!
As bizarre as it may seem, coconut oil has been proven to assist with weight loss. That sweet smelling oil can stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function and escalate energy levels – all key components in weight loss! Coconut oil also keeps our little ticker beating melodiously, nutritionist Dr. Carina Norris explains. “Animal studies suggest that polyphenol compounds in coconut oil can lower total cholesterol and the 'bad' LDL form of cholesterol, as well as raising 'good' HDL cholesterol, which could potentially have heart benefits.”
Coconut oil has been used for hair repair in coastal areas of the world for years, with countries like Malaysia using it as their only hair conditioner – providing a whole host of fantastic results! Coconut oil contains lauric and capric acid, and these little tools help our hair stay firmly to its roots, prohibiting hair fall and hair loss. Our good friend coconut oil is also a great moisture retainer – keeping our hair soft and easy to style. As if that wasn’t enough, the various fatty acids present in coconut oil stops dandruff!
As a fat-filled substance, coconut oil is a great moisturiser. It keeps our skin youthful and supple, reducing the appearance of lines without any irritation. As a rich moisturiser, coconut oil can also help with skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
Coconut oil has been used on cuts and bruises, where it forms a protective layer which speeds up the healing process.
Combating tooth decay
No, you’re not hearing things; research really has shown that digested coconut oil is able to attack the bacteria that cause tooth decay. As tooth decay affects around 60-90% of children in the UK, the findings of the research team from the Athlone Institute of Technology in Ireland are particularly significant. Scientists found that coconut oil stopped the growth of Streptococcus bacteria - a major cause of tooth decay. Hurrah for coconut oil!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy