Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Benefits of coconut oil
We’ve all seen, (and of course, smelt) coconut oil in our moisturisers, but there may be a few benefits that you’re not yet aware of. Here we take a look at the top 5 benefits of coconut oil, and hopefully there will be some surprises!
As bizarre as it may seem, coconut oil has been proven to assist with weight loss. That sweet smelling oil can stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function and escalate energy levels – all key components in weight loss! Coconut oil also keeps our little ticker beating melodiously, nutritionist Dr. Carina Norris explains. “Animal studies suggest that polyphenol compounds in coconut oil can lower total cholesterol and the 'bad' LDL form of cholesterol, as well as raising 'good' HDL cholesterol, which could potentially have heart benefits.”
Coconut oil has been used for hair repair in coastal areas of the world for years, with countries like Malaysia using it as their only hair conditioner – providing a whole host of fantastic results! Coconut oil contains lauric and capric acid, and these little tools help our hair stay firmly to its roots, prohibiting hair fall and hair loss. Our good friend coconut oil is also a great moisture retainer – keeping our hair soft and easy to style. As if that wasn’t enough, the various fatty acids present in coconut oil stops dandruff!
As a fat-filled substance, coconut oil is a great moisturiser. It keeps our skin youthful and supple, reducing the appearance of lines without any irritation. As a rich moisturiser, coconut oil can also help with skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
Coconut oil has been used on cuts and bruises, where it forms a protective layer which speeds up the healing process.
Combating tooth decay
No, you’re not hearing things; research really has shown that digested coconut oil is able to attack the bacteria that cause tooth decay. As tooth decay affects around 60-90% of children in the UK, the findings of the research team from the Athlone Institute of Technology in Ireland are particularly significant. Scientists found that coconut oil stopped the growth of Streptococcus bacteria - a major cause of tooth decay. Hurrah for coconut oil!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.