Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Best vegetables for glowing skin
We all know that eating vegetables keeps our bodies ticking over pretty nicely on the inside, but did you know that they also affect how we look on the outside?
With parties, gatherings and a whole host of other festively themed social events coming up left, right and centre, the majority of us are looking to do whatever we can to look as good as possible.
Researchers from the University of St Andrews found that eating just two more portions of fruit and vegetables a day made a noticeable difference to people’s complexions after just six weeks.
Dr Glenys Jones, a researcher from Cambridge University told the BBC: "With the vast majority of the population not consuming the recommended five-a-day of fruits and vegetables, this could be another way of encouraging people through our own innate vanity to increase fruit and vegetable intake.
"After all fruits and vegetables contain a wide range of nutrients that are good for not just for our complexion, but for our overall health."
So, which vegetables are the best for our appearance?
The detoxifying properties of the radish mean that it can help the skin to recover from any blemishes that it might have.
They are also full of vitamins B and C, which can help promote an even skin tone.
It has also been reported that radishes are great for your metabolism, meaning that both your skin and your body will be completely party ready.
Sea vegetables such as seaweed are great for making your skin really bright and youthful.
The science behind this is that they include alginic acid - a little substance that helps absorb and remove toxins from the body.
Because of this, your skin will be completely blemish-free and incredibly radiant.
Good old avocado, the older woman’s dream vegetable.
The avocado is an absolute anti-wrinkle powerhouse - rich in vitamins A, B and E, it keeps skin looking young, smooth and nourished.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)