Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Boost digestive health with Psyllium Husk
A functional digestive system is key to both physical and mental health, but, from time to time, you may find your body isn't processing food in the way it should.
When this happens, waste and toxins can build up, causing illness and discomfort.
Psyllium Husk has wonderful cleansing properties for the body, enhancing the digestive system and restoring a natural balance.
What is Psyllium Husk?
Psyllium Husk derives from the seed of the Plantain and contains lots of vital fibre. In fact, every 100 grams of the herb has 71 grams of soluble fibre, which plays an important role in aiding digestion and boosting the metabolism.
How can it be used?
Psyllium Husk can be used on a daily basis in conjunction with other supplements for a healthy lifestyle. It is primarily taken to help general digestion, increase fibre, treat irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and aid in weight control.
A boost for the digestive system
Even those who consider themselves to have a good digestion system will experience constipation from time to time. When this happens, the feeling of bloating can become unbearable and the body needs to be cleansed to restore normal function.
Psyllium Husk enables the body to get the fibre it needs to stimulate movement once again. It also soaks up water in the digestive tract, making stools firmer and easier to pass, in addition to reducing flatulence and bloating.
Taken regularly, the herb can even prevent problems arising, ensuring your digestive system is functioning properly all year round.
A useful fibre supplement
People without a balanced diet will often develop deficiencies and those who do not have a sufficient daily fibre intake because of intolerances to common fibre-filled foods can experience serious digestive problems.
Psyllium Husk is filled with fibre and is a great supplement for people to take to ensure the body is getting what it needs.
Because of its fibre properties, Psyllium Husk is often used by IBS sufferers. Acting as a laxative, it can stimulate bowel movement among patients that experience symptoms of constipation. The fibre can also firm up stools to stop diarrhea.
It is also used to facilitate bowel movements among those with anal fissures and haemorrhoids, or during pregnancy.
An aid to weight loss
Psyllium Husk is heralded as one of the most effective aids to weight loss, especially among those on a low-carbohydrate diet.
Filling the body with fibre, it reduces appetite without over stimulating the nervous system, making the body feel fuller for longer.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Detox Dandelion & Burdock Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml50% OFFSpecial Price £10.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.