Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Boost digestive health with Psyllium Husk
A functional digestive system is key to both physical and mental health, but, from time to time, you may find your body isn't processing food in the way it should.
When this happens, waste and toxins can build up, causing illness and discomfort.
Psyllium Husk has wonderful cleansing properties for the body, enhancing the digestive system and restoring a natural balance.
What is Psyllium Husk?
Psyllium Husk derives from the seed of the Plantain and contains lots of vital fibre. In fact, every 100 grams of the herb has 71 grams of soluble fibre, which plays an important role in aiding digestion and boosting the metabolism.
How can it be used?
Psyllium Husk can be used on a daily basis in conjunction with other supplements for a healthy lifestyle. It is primarily taken to help general digestion, increase fibre, treat irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and aid in weight control.
A boost for the digestive system
Even those who consider themselves to have a good digestion system will experience constipation from time to time. When this happens, the feeling of bloating can become unbearable and the body needs to be cleansed to restore normal function.
Psyllium Husk enables the body to get the fibre it needs to stimulate movement once again. It also soaks up water in the digestive tract, making stools firmer and easier to pass, in addition to reducing flatulence and bloating.
Taken regularly, the herb can even prevent problems arising, ensuring your digestive system is functioning properly all year round.
A useful fibre supplement
People without a balanced diet will often develop deficiencies and those who do not have a sufficient daily fibre intake because of intolerances to common fibre-filled foods can experience serious digestive problems.
Psyllium Husk is filled with fibre and is a great supplement for people to take to ensure the body is getting what it needs.
Because of its fibre properties, Psyllium Husk is often used by IBS sufferers. Acting as a laxative, it can stimulate bowel movement among patients that experience symptoms of constipation. The fibre can also firm up stools to stop diarrhea.
It is also used to facilitate bowel movements among those with anal fissures and haemorrhoids, or during pregnancy.
An aid to weight loss
Psyllium Husk is heralded as one of the most effective aids to weight loss, especially among those on a low-carbohydrate diet.
Filling the body with fibre, it reduces appetite without over stimulating the nervous system, making the body feel fuller for longer.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?