Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Boost your health with Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed has long been touted as a good alternative to fish oil for vegetarians, but there are plenty of other healthy benefits associated with the superfood.
Although a lot of people know that flaxseed - and its derivative flaxseed oil - is good for you, exactly why it's so beneficial in your diet is still somewhat of a mystery, with most having shied away from this natural health supplement.
One of the main reasons behind Flaxseed's superfood status is because of its high level of omega 3 fatty acids. The '3' refers to the types of fatty acids that are ingested in the body through food and how we use them. These magic three omegas are alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Once they are ingested, the body works to convert ALA to EPA and DHA which are more readily used around the body. Its main function is to make up cell membranes so high amounts of omega 3 are needed to maintain all round good health.
Because flaxseed oil also contains fibre, it has also been used to help a number of digestive problems, including Crohn's disease and Colitis. Several studies into flaxseed use in our diets have found that the oil works to calm the inner lining of the intestines and helps reduces any inflammation in the gut.
Further research into heart health also found that flaxseed oil can have a positive effect. Although doctors and research scientists say that having an overall healthy lifestyle including a clean diet and moderate exercise is the best way to reduce cholesterol levels, flaxseed has been noted as a good supplement to aid the condition. Similarly, heart disease risk is lower in those who take flaxseed supplements regularly. A high level of ALA in the diet has been linked to reducing high blood pressure which could in turn reduce your risk of heart attacks.
So with flaxseed being linked to improved heart health, cell production and digestion, there's no reason not to include it in your daily diet.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.