Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Boost your health with Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed has long been touted as a good alternative to fish oil for vegetarians, but there are plenty of other healthy benefits associated with the superfood.
Although a lot of people know that flaxseed - and its derivative flaxseed oil - is good for you, exactly why it's so beneficial in your diet is still somewhat of a mystery, with most having shied away from this natural health supplement.
One of the main reasons behind Flaxseed's superfood status is because of its high level of omega 3 fatty acids. The '3' refers to the types of fatty acids that are ingested in the body through food and how we use them. These magic three omegas are alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Once they are ingested, the body works to convert ALA to EPA and DHA which are more readily used around the body. Its main function is to make up cell membranes so high amounts of omega 3 are needed to maintain all round good health.
Because flaxseed oil also contains fibre, it has also been used to help a number of digestive problems, including Crohn's disease and Colitis. Several studies into flaxseed use in our diets have found that the oil works to calm the inner lining of the intestines and helps reduces any inflammation in the gut.
Further research into heart health also found that flaxseed oil can have a positive effect. Although doctors and research scientists say that having an overall healthy lifestyle including a clean diet and moderate exercise is the best way to reduce cholesterol levels, flaxseed has been noted as a good supplement to aid the condition. Similarly, heart disease risk is lower in those who take flaxseed supplements regularly. A high level of ALA in the diet has been linked to reducing high blood pressure which could in turn reduce your risk of heart attacks.
So with flaxseed being linked to improved heart health, cell production and digestion, there's no reason not to include it in your daily diet.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy