Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Boost your health with Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed has long been touted as a good alternative to fish oil for vegetarians, but there are plenty of other healthy benefits associated with the superfood.
Although a lot of people know that flaxseed - and its derivative flaxseed oil - is good for you, exactly why it's so beneficial in your diet is still somewhat of a mystery, with most having shied away from this natural health supplement.
One of the main reasons behind Flaxseed's superfood status is because of its high level of omega 3 fatty acids. The '3' refers to the types of fatty acids that are ingested in the body through food and how we use them. These magic three omegas are alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Once they are ingested, the body works to convert ALA to EPA and DHA which are more readily used around the body. Its main function is to make up cell membranes so high amounts of omega 3 are needed to maintain all round good health.
Because flaxseed oil also contains fibre, it has also been used to help a number of digestive problems, including Crohn's disease and Colitis. Several studies into flaxseed use in our diets have found that the oil works to calm the inner lining of the intestines and helps reduces any inflammation in the gut.
Further research into heart health also found that flaxseed oil can have a positive effect. Although doctors and research scientists say that having an overall healthy lifestyle including a clean diet and moderate exercise is the best way to reduce cholesterol levels, flaxseed has been noted as a good supplement to aid the condition. Similarly, heart disease risk is lower in those who take flaxseed supplements regularly. A high level of ALA in the diet has been linked to reducing high blood pressure which could in turn reduce your risk of heart attacks.
So with flaxseed being linked to improved heart health, cell production and digestion, there's no reason not to include it in your daily diet.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)