Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Boost your mood with aromas
Whether you want to boost your mood, relieve stress or cut your cravings, scents can have a powerful effect.
And while most of us associate a smell with a fond memory - like the aroma of baking bread in your grandmother's house - there have been studies into the more subtle effects a fragrance can have on your mood and behaviour.
To find out what scents can affect your mood for the better, read on as we discuss all the aromas you need to feel in tip-top form this season.
For a moment of calm
Take a whiff of lavender if you feel that stress is mounting at work or at home. A long, hot soak in a lavender infused bubble bath is the fastest way to feeling calm, de-stressed and to let the day's worries just drift away. Research has found that jasmine and rose fragrances can have a similar calming effect too.
For cutting cravings
If you're trying to lose weight, or even just cut back on sugary snacks, having a vanilla scent to hand could be the ticket. A study at Brown University found that women who wore a vanilla-scented patch throughout the day were less likely to reach for sugar-rich treats and lost weight gradually over time.
For feeling brighter
Everyone has bad days from time to time, especially in the colder, darker months of the year. But, a citrus scent like lemon, lime or orange can do wonders to boost your mood and leave you feeling happier and more positive.
For an energy boost
Feeling a 3pm slump coming along? Reach for a spicy cinnamon scent and you'll soon feel invigorated and more energised to take on the rest of the day. The scent has been found to increase the blood flow to the brain, which in turn will nourish it with oxygen and glucose, so you don't have to worry about your afternoon caffeine fix any more.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.