Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Breast cancer, what foods may help?
Breast cancer awareness month is the perfect time to brush up on the facts and learn everything you can to limit your chances of developing cancer.
Cancer is not caused by any factor, and there is no sure way of preventing it, but there are some things you can do that are thought to severely limit your chances.
Having a healthy lifestyle, exercising regularly and keeping down your stress levels are all thought to reduce the risk.
Scientists believe that 30 to 40 per cent of cases could have been prevented by a change in diet.
If what we put on our stomachs can make us safer, than it is certainly a small change that could make a big difference.
Superfoods are thought to be great at fighting cancer, owing in part to a compound called sulforaphane. This composite is actually thought to prohibit the spread of tumours.
These can be found in vegetables like broccoli, as well as in organic supplements which also provide a varied and rich complement of essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
This fruit is thought to specifically tackle breast cancer, as well as other types of the illness.
"Hormone dependent cancers such as breast cancer are commonly treated with aromatase inhibitors, which block this enzyme," writes Dr. Nalini Chilkov.
The organic seed oil is also rich in anti-inflammatory properties which are thought to be particularly preventative.
Flax seed oil
Rich in omega 3, 6 and 9, flax seed oil also has anti-inflammatory and healing assets.
"Most research regarding flax's anti-cancer properties has been done in mice or in-vitro cell cultures, but what it shows could be profound: in one study, according to the American Cancer Society, the lignans found in flax slowed the movement and "stickiness" of breast cancer cells, causing it to spread more slowly in a cell culture simulation," asserts The Huffington Post Healthy Living.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin