Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Buckwheat and Chia Pancakes
Deliciously healthy pancakes to liven up your Sunday mornings
By Tiffany Ingle
(no added refined sugar, only that from the coconut nectar)
Makes 6 large pancakes
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/3 cup rice flour
¼ cup flaxseed/sunflower seed/pumpkin seed mix (make your own or use Linwoods)
1 tsp bi-carb soda
2 tbsps. Fushi Chia Seeds
1/3 cup Fushi Coconut Oil (melted) + 1 tbsp. for cooking
2 ½ cups almond milk
2 tsps. vanilla essence
2 tbsps. coconut blossom nectar
Handful of fresh berries
2 tbsps. coconut yoghurt
- 1. Melt the coconut oil in a mug (or ceramic measuring cup)
- 2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl – buckwheat flour, rice flour, flax/Sunflower seed /Pumpkin seed mix, bi-carb soda and chia seeds
- 3. Slowly add the almond milk until it reaches a consistency you are happy with (if you like thicker pancakes, don’t add the extra ½ cup)
- 4. Mix in the coconut oil, vanilla essence and coconut blossom nectar
- 5. Heat some of your extra coconut oil in the pan, and when ready it is hot pour in your mixture. Cook until almost all of the air bubbles have popped, then flip. Cook for another few minutes then remove from the heat.
- 6. Continue with the other pancakes until all are cooked
- 7. Serve with fresh berries and coconut yoghurt!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.