Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Buriti oil is renowned and prized oil at least in Brazil. The Buriti tree which literally translated means the ?Tree of Life? tree grows in and near swamps and other wet areas in tropical South America. The orange-reddish oil is extracted from the fruit of this palm tree in the Brazilian Amazon. Beautiful pale yellow blooms adorn the tree from December to April, and an almost artificial-looking ridged fruit grows from December to June. The nearly perfectly shaped fruit has shiny chestnut coloured scales, and the edible, yellow, fleshy fruit has a high vitamin C content.
Buriti oil has the highest natural occurrence of pro-vitamin A available (carotenoids). The oil is also extremely rich in vitamin E (tocopherols); combined with antioxidants give it an incredible ability to moisturise and re-hydrate. It is commonly found in high-end skin care creams and applied directly to treat burns, because of its soothing qualities and its ability to promote the formation of scar tissue.
Benefits of Buriti oil
The entire tree has varied uses, and indeed may be a rare gem in the Amazonian jungle. Rich in vitamin A and C it is also very rich in vitamin E. Full of antioxidants therefore, it has an incredible ability to moisturise and hydrate the skin.
Buriti oil?s contains the all important essential Fatty Acids and emollients that work overtime at keeping skin smooth. The antioxidant properties of Buriti oil also have skin repairing and protecting properties. In fact, the concentration of carotene in Buriti oil is even higher than that in carrot oil.
The oil restores moisture lacking in sun-exposed skin and because of its colour it possesses a naturally occurring SPF factor.
The rich unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin A in Buriti oil help rebuild and hydrate new skin cells. It has been used as a healing oil by natives to treat burns and stings because of its soothing qualities.
Buriti oil is slowly making its way into the mainstream cosmetic market. It is a very popular oil also for baby products ass it?s very gentle and soothing for baby skin. The ground nut is often used as an exfoliant. So slowly and suddenly this oil is becoming a valuable miracle fruit in terms of meeting so many diverse needs for our health and beauty.
Fushi?s Buriti oil is sourced from sustainable sources within the Brazilian Amazon region.
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.