Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Buriti oil is renowned and prized oil at least in Brazil. The Buriti tree which literally translated means the ?Tree of Life? tree grows in and near swamps and other wet areas in tropical South America. The orange-reddish oil is extracted from the fruit of this palm tree in the Brazilian Amazon. Beautiful pale yellow blooms adorn the tree from December to April, and an almost artificial-looking ridged fruit grows from December to June. The nearly perfectly shaped fruit has shiny chestnut coloured scales, and the edible, yellow, fleshy fruit has a high vitamin C content.
Buriti oil has the highest natural occurrence of pro-vitamin A available (carotenoids). The oil is also extremely rich in vitamin E (tocopherols); combined with antioxidants give it an incredible ability to moisturise and re-hydrate. It is commonly found in high-end skin care creams and applied directly to treat burns, because of its soothing qualities and its ability to promote the formation of scar tissue.
Benefits of Buriti oil
The entire tree has varied uses, and indeed may be a rare gem in the Amazonian jungle. Rich in vitamin A and C it is also very rich in vitamin E. Full of antioxidants therefore, it has an incredible ability to moisturise and hydrate the skin.
Buriti oil?s contains the all important essential Fatty Acids and emollients that work overtime at keeping skin smooth. The antioxidant properties of Buriti oil also have skin repairing and protecting properties. In fact, the concentration of carotene in Buriti oil is even higher than that in carrot oil.
The oil restores moisture lacking in sun-exposed skin and because of its colour it possesses a naturally occurring SPF factor.
The rich unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin A in Buriti oil help rebuild and hydrate new skin cells. It has been used as a healing oil by natives to treat burns and stings because of its soothing qualities.
Buriti oil is slowly making its way into the mainstream cosmetic market. It is a very popular oil also for baby products ass it?s very gentle and soothing for baby skin. The ground nut is often used as an exfoliant. So slowly and suddenly this oil is becoming a valuable miracle fruit in terms of meeting so many diverse needs for our health and beauty.
Fushi?s Buriti oil is sourced from sustainable sources within the Brazilian Amazon region.
- Baobab Seed Oil Virgin 100ml Organic Fresh-Pressed50% OFFSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £24.00
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks