Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Buriti oil is renowned and prized oil at least in Brazil. The Buriti tree which literally translated means the ?Tree of Life? tree grows in and near swamps and other wet areas in tropical South America. The orange-reddish oil is extracted from the fruit of this palm tree in the Brazilian Amazon. Beautiful pale yellow blooms adorn the tree from December to April, and an almost artificial-looking ridged fruit grows from December to June. The nearly perfectly shaped fruit has shiny chestnut coloured scales, and the edible, yellow, fleshy fruit has a high vitamin C content.
Buriti oil has the highest natural occurrence of pro-vitamin A available (carotenoids). The oil is also extremely rich in vitamin E (tocopherols); combined with antioxidants give it an incredible ability to moisturise and re-hydrate. It is commonly found in high-end skin care creams and applied directly to treat burns, because of its soothing qualities and its ability to promote the formation of scar tissue.
Benefits of Buriti oil
The entire tree has varied uses, and indeed may be a rare gem in the Amazonian jungle. Rich in vitamin A and C it is also very rich in vitamin E. Full of antioxidants therefore, it has an incredible ability to moisturise and hydrate the skin.
Buriti oil?s contains the all important essential Fatty Acids and emollients that work overtime at keeping skin smooth. The antioxidant properties of Buriti oil also have skin repairing and protecting properties. In fact, the concentration of carotene in Buriti oil is even higher than that in carrot oil.
The oil restores moisture lacking in sun-exposed skin and because of its colour it possesses a naturally occurring SPF factor.
The rich unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin A in Buriti oil help rebuild and hydrate new skin cells. It has been used as a healing oil by natives to treat burns and stings because of its soothing qualities.
Buriti oil is slowly making its way into the mainstream cosmetic market. It is a very popular oil also for baby products ass it?s very gentle and soothing for baby skin. The ground nut is often used as an exfoliant. So slowly and suddenly this oil is becoming a valuable miracle fruit in terms of meeting so many diverse needs for our health and beauty.
Fushi?s Buriti oil is sourced from sustainable sources within the Brazilian Amazon region.
- Organic Hand Made Shea Butter (Unrefined) 200g20% OFFSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Baobab Seed Oil Virgin 100ml Organic Fresh-Pressed20% OFFSpecial Price £19.20 Regular Price £24.00
- Marula Seed Oil Virgin 50ml Fresh-Pressed20% OFFSpecial Price £22.39 Regular Price £28.00
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed25% OFFAs low as £4.80 Regular Price £6.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)