Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Can fruit and veg help with happiness?
Most of us 'mind' what we eat to some extent, as a way of trying to maintain healthy living habits. But are there foods that might be able to help when it comes to keeping your mind well? We look at some food and drink that might be able to help.
Oils and brain food!
What do hemp seed oil and flax seed oil have in common? They both have brain-helping omega-3 essential fatty acid in them. Oily fish is a great way to get to this amazing fatty acid, which might be able to help with depression.
Some fantastic foods which have omega-3 inside include pilchards, salmon and walnuts (which you can easily snack on, or throw on a salad).
Veg and fruit
Help your brain get the right nutrients by getting enough veg and fruit. Most of us know we should five portions a day - try to stick to this, or beat it!
One way to potentially help in upping the amount you're eating is to buy a pack of bananas at the beginning of the week, and eat one when you start to feel hungry at work. That's already one a day each day for five days!
Interestingly, research has linked higher levels of happiness and good mental health with eating seven or more veg and fruit portions per day.
University of Warwick and Dartmouth College researchers looked at British people's diets and showed that mental wellbeing seemed to go up alongside how many portions of veg and fruit people ate per day, peaking at seven portions daily.
“This study has shown surprising results and I have decided it is prudent to eat more fruit and vegetables. I am keen to stay cheery,” commented study co-author the University of Warwick's Professor Andrew Oswald, an economist on the university's website.
Whether bottled, filtered or directly from the tap, one thing's for sure: there's water all around us.
It comes recommended for the health of your brain, and there are a variety of reasons why you should make sure you drink as much of this life-giving liquid as you need - many of which we don't need to explain!
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.